Aeclectic Tarot
Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Tarot Forum

Gorey Fantod deck!

> Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Beyond Tarot > Oracle Decks

~ Collector of words ~

WolfSpirit 

Did anyone from outside US manage to order through the site that Chronata mentioned ?
I had to wait until they emailed me the shipping costs but they never did. Then I tried to email them but my emails kept bouncing back. So I ordered it from another site, but they have those huge shipping costs. I really wanted a tote bag with the fat cat and the books, because that is just so fitting for me, and at that price I ordered the Fantod as well and can't wait to get it and have fun with it
Top   #11
Citizen

thorhammer 

Oh, WolfSpirit, yeah, I did! I'm sorry you missed out - it was so cheap! If you've gone ahead and ordered your stuff then I guess the horse has bolted and it's too late to shut the barn door, but if not, PM me and I can somehow get you the info I got.

\m/ Kat
Top   #12
~ Collector of words ~

WolfSpirit 

I checked my order, I cannot change it anymore so that's it. I found a few other cool items I wanted to make the shipping costs worthwhile (that's not really economising, I know )
But thanks anyway !
Top   #13
Citizen

RubyV 

A friend of mine sent these to me as a gift from TN to me a few weeks a go, and I love them. They have such a great sense of humor.

I love those alternative meanings!
Top   #14
Citizen

thorhammer 

There's one of these on eBay for US$62.50!!! Insanity! Is it still available on the website? I got mine for $10 . . . but then I am still waiting . . . And waiting. . .

\m/ Kat
Top   #15
Citizen

thorhammer 

It's here! I was so excited and I still am . . . but, but . . .

It's rather . . . unsettling, isn't it? Kind of makes me jumpy in a way. And it has the most hideous chemical/ashtray smell! It's worse than my Hanson-Roberts was!

But the cardstock is incredible - so thick and luxurious! And the book is just beautiful, so whimsical and funny. I'll be defacing the cards, though - rounding the corners, that is. And I hope I use it enough to wear a bit of that varnish off, as it's a bit on the thick, sticky side, isn't it? The box is wonderful. I didn't expect anything so well made or sturdy for a total of US$18.65! I wish I'd got six!

My favourite is The Yellow Bird. It's just so unlikely - yellow! I know there's a Blue Dog, too, but the bird card is just to quirky and full of motion, kind of like a wacky 8-Wands! I'll be getting some Post-Its to write bodhran's meanings on each page of the booklet.

I used it for one of the Oracle One Card questions "What is holding this up?" and got The Child - among other suggested meanings, "An obstacle". One could hardly accuse it of being inaccurate - abstruse, perhaps, obtuse, definitely, but it's certainly accurate !

\m/ Kat
Top   #16
~ Collector of words ~

WolfSpirit 

I got mine too
I love the box too - wish all decks came with a box like that ! I have not seen much more of it just went over the cards briefly as I got it at the same time as the Bohemian Gothic Tarot - so I'm afraid the poor Fantod will have to wait. I know I will love it - it definitely has a mind of its own.
Top   #17
Citizen

BodhiSeed 

Quote:
Originally Posted by thorhammer
But the cardstock is incredible - so thick and luxurious! And the book is just beautiful, so whimsical and funny. I'll be defacing the cards, though - rounding the corners, that is. And I hope I use it enough to wear a bit of that varnish off, as it's a bit on the thick, sticky side, isn't it? The box is wonderful. I didn't expect anything so well made or sturdy for a total of US$18.65!
Yes, I was pleasantly surprised by the quality of the cards and the box they come in too. I got my corner rounder out and trimmed off the sharp corners the day they arrived!

Bodhran
Top   #18
sporadic magic

Debra 

I see the sickening smell and frighteningly sharp corners as perfect complements to the hideous moanings...er, meanings...and the nightmarish illustrations....it's all of a piece, really.

In seriousness, this deck really scared the bejeezus out of me from Day One, when I had a friend draw a card which she related to in all respects, including the fact that it listed "alopecia" and indeed she is visibly balding--the only balding woman I know, in fact. Things went from Bad to Worse on Halloween night when I did a series of spot-on one-card readings. For example--the neighbor going blind from several eye diseases drew the card predicting "loss of one of the senses."

Perhaps it WOULD be better to trim off those dangerous corners. *sigh*
Top   #19
Citizen

thorhammer 

The other day my best mate came around. She was looking at my new decks, as she does, and upon seeing the Fantod pack, she said the funniest thing - "Well," (she said), "if you're considering suicide and wondering if today's omens are favourable, I reckon this is your deck!"

I nearly fell off my chair laughing.

Debra, I have to agree with you. Before I even posted about the smell and whatnot, I thought the same things. But I don't think I'll read with this deck, cute and awesome as it is. It's just too . . . un-Tarotish. I think I'll be a Tarot girl for evermore

\m/ Kat
Top   #20

Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Tarot Forum
Aeclectic Tarot Forum Links
· Tarot
· Tarot Special Interest
· Beyond Tarot
· Forum Library

Aeclectic Tarot Categories
· Angel Decks
· Dark & Gothic Decks
· Goddess Decks
· Fairy Decks
· Doreen Virtue Decks
· Beginner Decks
· Cat Decks
· Pagan & Wiccan Decks
· Ancient Egyptian Decks
· Celtic Decks
· Lenormand Decks
· Rider-Waite Decks
· Marseilles Decks
· Thoth Decks
· Oracle Decks
· List All Decks
· Popular Tarot Decks
· Available Decks
· Tarot Books
· What's New

Copyright © 1996 - 2019 Aeclectic Tarot. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Contact us.