Ancient Italian Tarot

sapienza

Great news. So, have you ordered the Ancient Italian yet? :D

faunabay

sapienza said:
Great news. So, have you ordered the Ancient Italian yet? :D
**ROFL**

Nope, not yet. Even with the $10 refund I really do have to wait a bit. I spent WAY too much money on decks this last week. :p

Queen of Pentacle

Excuse me for asking,
but last week, placing an order at Llewellyn, I noticed that the elusive LS Ancient Italien is still avalaible from their website.
Have you try ?

Manda

faunabay said:
I got my Tarot of the Master today!! I really like the artwork and I can see what you mean about it being a good deck to trim. I'm going to play with it a bit and make sure, but I can see myself trimming already. :)

The only thing is.....boy, does it stink!! Smelly! Smelly! Am going to have to do something about that pretty quickly.

But.......I ordered the Ancient Italian from the same place. They supposedly shipped together. What I got instead of the Ancient Italian is the Etteilla Book of Thoth. hmmmm........

Is this a message? LOL Should I not be getting the Ancient Italian??? Should I keep the Book of Thoth?? The seller listed it as the same price, so I wouldn't be cheating him out of anything. But do I really want the Book of Thoth?? :confused: LOL

It's Mercury retrograde. I received the wrong item from a seller this week, too. :D

Manda

Queen of Pentacle said:
Excuse me for asking,
but last week, placing an order at Llewellyn, I noticed that the elusive LS Ancient Italien is still avalaible from their website.
Have you try ?

I ordered the Tarot of the Master and the Ancient Italian from Llewellyn in March after seeing that. They held my money for a few days then sent me a regretful email that they did not have it in stock after all. That may have changed sine then, but they do list decks they don't actually have sometimes.

faunabay

Manda said:
I ordered the Tarot of the Master and the Ancient Italian from Llewellyn in March after seeing that. They held my money for a few days then sent me a regretful email that they did not have it in stock after all. That may have changed sine then, but they do list decks they don't actually have sometimes.
I don't think so. Last week I had a metaphysical store owner check with Llewellyn to see if she could order me the Tarot of the Master and Ancient Italian and they said they were out of stock. This was even calling them in person and seeing. So I'd say no matter what the website says I don't think they have any.

sapienza

Today I went to a charity morning tea to raise money for breast cancer research. My friend runs it every year as she lost her sister to breast cancer. Anyway, I offered to do readings for her with all the money raised going to the cause. So....I did readings all day, and I used the Ancient Italian. It's the first time I've done any face to face readings with the deck. I'd kind of decided that this deck is 'the one' for me, as far as readings go, but hadn't had a chance to give it a run. To my great relief, it went REALLY well. It's such a great reading deck and I think I'm now totally sold on reading with this style of deck (ie. non-scenic minors).

I just had to post here because I'm complete infactuated and hopelessly in love with this wonderful deck and just had to tell SOMEONE about it :D If you are reading this and you don't have the deck and you are wondering if you want it or need it.....the answer is most definitely YES.

Alan Ross

faunabay said:
I don't think so. Last week I had a metaphysical store owner check with Llewellyn to see if she could order me the Tarot of the Master and Ancient Italian and they said they were out of stock. This was even calling them in person and seeing. So I'd say no matter what the website says I don't think they have any.

In the US, Bob Patterson's Carte Karuta still has copies of both decks in stock:

http://www.carte-karuta.com/catalog/

Alan

Le Fanu

Sapienza, what a great cause to put your tarot reading skills to. Im so glad it went well and that the Ancient Italian was behind you all the way!

firefrost

That's fantastic, sapienza.

I knew you were progressing in leaps and bounds with it when you started using it in the TdM reading thread :)