possible meanings (snake, fox)?

MandMaud

1. Thinking along "twisty" lines, can the snake mean moodiness, emotional ups and downs, or a person who is unpredictable in their moods?

2. And can the fox mean "putting a lot into it"? As in creativity, thoughtful effort, or even going the extra mile?

Sharla

Snake can mean for me ... A female rival, someone jealous, envious. A clever intellectual lady. Things hidden. Curved pipes etc. Complications. A seducer. Being your own worst enemy. Shedding of the old self. Hiding yourself. Keeping things to yourself. Hypocrite. Mistakes. Detours etc etc ....

Fix means to me....being cautious. Testing the waters. Being clever. Something wrong. Shying away. Lack of trust. Clever & sly. Only thinking about yourself. Not being honest. Illegal activities. Backing out. Error in judgement. Hesitant. Cautious. Escaping consequences. Wrong choice. Someone wearing a false mask. Self employment. A job you do to pay the bills.

Hope this helps.

Tigerangel

I could see those meanings you have mentioned MandMaud working for snake and fox, I have been working closely with my Celtic Lenormand lately, and I have been getting Fox and snake come up for a few things, the Celtic Lenormand has two snakes in the deck, which I'm glad off and know use both snakes, one snake is fierce which I've assigned to being for another woman, jealously, temptation and deceit, the other snake is shedding, this one I have assigned to being read for, renewal, arcane wisdom and transformation and the more positive aspects of snake.

With the Fox I'm finding its coming up alot for me in regards to work, alot of effort into things yes, but you don't get much reward back for the effort for me it's getting by just to keep yourself going, food on the table and a roof over your head.

With the work I've being doing with lenormand over the last few weeks I'm starting to see that the traditional meanings can be adapted for your own personal meanings.

So if you feel these meanings fit to what question you are reading for then I think those meanings can be used for snake and Fox.

MandMaud

Thank you both, and sorry to "drop" the thread after starting it!

For snake, I can see the moody meaning fits in with shedding/renewing as well as twisty, so I'm happy with that. :D I hadn't heard the shedding idea but of course it makes perfect sense.

For fox, I knew it was "one of the work cards" but I'm only just sorting out my own meanings for all the cards, and I wasn't distinguishing the different kinds of work. Sounds like fox-type work isn't the kind your heart is really in. But...

Looking back at my notes, the reading that made me think of this was a practice quickie when my son had enthusiastically taken over cooking. He's used to putting a meal on the table but it's definitely not a routine thing for him yet. He was in creative mood and when he's like that, he thinks of all the little extras that make it successful (what they used to call "a woman's touch"!). This was like that. I'd drawn two cards, the dog for "outward and visible" - in other words, the meal was a friendly occasion - and the fox for "inward, unseen, unspoken".

He doesn't fake that mood and it wouldn't have been for any ulterior motive, he didn't have an agenda. (I know when that's going on, lol.) He genuinely enjoyed the cooking, produced a lovely meal, and we had a good time together, so the fox didn't mean anything underhand.

The cooking was a "busy-busy-busy" process and my notes said "thoughtful effort" so maybe one of those is closer?

Jdance

HI!

I've had the snake come up simply as a 'woman' not a bad person.. just another woman in the situation- or a female type situation or activity I guess
. Jealous is often a description that has come up for me around the snake...

fox: often pops up as 'working on something' something is in progress.... it maybe using smarts or cunning...

MandMaud

HI!

I've had the snake come up simply as a 'woman' not a bad person.. just another woman in the situation- or a female type situation or activity I guess
. Jealous is often a description that has come up for me around the snake...

fox: often pops up as 'working on something' something is in progress.... it maybe using smarts or cunning...

Great that fox meaning fits a lot better. Smarts describes his way in the kitchen. :)

Let me just look for my notes on the snake occasion...

... OK, it was a 9x9 to see how celebrating my (other) son's 22nd birthday was going to be. Not a big occasion, just presents, a meal with his gf, his brother and me, and a cake. I drew two cards without realising, the man hiding the snake - for central position! I thought the man was probably my son, but for various reasons I've begun to think the dog often represents him, and the dog was the first card in the first row.

While getting ready his younger brother was winding me up, but that didn't last, and the meal went very well. He had a small-to-middle-sized row with his gf straight afterwards, mainly because she's dealing with a really unpleasant work situation and he cares a lot about that but feels powerless, so they were both tense, and the anger was building in the restaurant without letting it show which is never easy! They made up easily by the next morning.

I'm finding 3x3 much easier to read than a single line of cards, but didn't make much of this one. There was definitely loads beneath the surface (not just on that day) which I'm not aware of, but that's usual with this son!

Tigerangel

Great that fox meaning fits a lot better. Smarts describes his way in the kitchen. :)

Let me just look for my notes on the snake occasion...

... OK, it was a 9x9 to see how celebrating my (other) son's 22nd birthday was going to be. Not a big occasion, just presents, a meal with his gf, his brother and me, and a cake. I drew two cards without realising, the man hiding the snake - for central position! I thought the man was probably my son, but for various reasons I've begun to think the dog often represents him, and the dog was the first card in the first row.

While getting ready his younger brother was winding me up, but that didn't last, and the meal went very well. He had a small-to-middle-sized row with his gf straight afterwards, mainly because she's dealing with a really unpleasant work situation and he cares a lot about that but feels powerless, so they were both tense, and the anger was building in the restaurant without letting it show which is never easy! They made up easily by the next morning.

I'm finding 3x3 much easier to read than a single line of cards, but didn't make much of this one. There was definitely loads beneath the surface (not just on that day) which I'm not aware of, but that's usual with this son!

You mentioned your son winding you up in this post for (snake - getting wound up), I believe snake can represent winding, and also drains and pipes aswell as its standard meaning,I also forgot to mention in my original post that a general meaning for snake can be difficulties or problems, which actually came up for me yesterday in my daily, Fish/snake/Sun, which I read as financial difficulties come to a successful conclusion, was short of money so had to borrow some from my dad lol.

But man and snake seem to fit well for what happened, your son wound you up little, and your other son had some difficulties with his girlfriend (man/snake - a significant male in your life having difficulties with a woman).

MandMaud

You mentioned your son winding you up in this post for (snake - getting wound up), I believe snake can represent winding, and also drains and pipes aswell as its standard meaning,
I love it! The way Lenormand works through puns - but I'm a long way from noticing it as I say the very words (eg "winding up")!

Would that mean the man was my younger son, though? Surely that can't be him, when he's 15 and his brother (the birthday boy) is 22? Or could it be the "man" (the 22yo) feeling wound up by his brother...? Actually that would also explain why the snake was "hiding" - the 22yo doesn't show when something annoys him, he makes a great effort not to show it, especially on a day when he really wouldn't want the atmosphere to go sour.

Actually, the younger one has always been more jealous of the older, than the other way round; it surprised me when he was born, sibling rivalry is supposed to be the older one jealous of the younger! but jealousy does go with snake, doesn't it.

I also forgot to mention in my original post that a general meaning for snake can be difficulties or problems, which actually came up for me yesterday in my daily, Fish/snake/Sun, which I read as financial difficulties come to a successful conclusion, was short of money so had to borrow some from my dad lol.
How would that meaning of difficulties differ from the clouds? Is the clouds something much more troublesome, not just little problems?

But man and snake seem to fit well for what happened, your son wound you up little, and your other son had some difficulties with his girlfriend (man/snake - a significant male in your life having difficulties with a woman).

Yes, I hadn't thought of the man having snake difficulties of his own - I suppose I assumed that the snake must be either the same person as the man, or a trait of that person or his frame of mind, something about him.

Thank you, this is a lot clearer to me!

ps. Is it possible that two cards in the same reading can refer to the same person? I'm still keen on the idea that dog indicates my older son. He communicates like a dog - to the extent that when we got our dog, the first I've ever lived with, when I'd learnt to speak Dog (as it were :)), I began to understand this son better than I ever had! He's all water without any air, not a words person, a quiet but feeling presence... and fiercely protective of his loved ones... sensitive to atmospheres and moods, and vulnerable to bullying... very dog. :heart: