Specific cards question

OhHiHelloYes

I received a reading recently and was told the deck used was Lenormand. But amongst the cards were a card of Swords, and a card labeled Queen. Wanting more info, I googled surrounding cards (anchor, tree, dog) and found definitions for those three. But I noticed in what seems to be the standard Lenormand that there is no card specifically labeled "Sword" or "Queen".... So would it make sense to believe the card called "Swords" is equivalent to the Scythe? And the "Queen" card might be the Lady?

DownUnderNZer

There are card inserts on the cards themselves depending on the deck

Queen of Clubs is on the SNAKE one.

Outside of that- there is no Sword or Queen card, so it might be an idea to ask that reader to clarify.

But from the sounds of it - you could br right.

scorpiogirl

Queen of Spades? The Bouquet card??

OhHiHelloYes

There are card inserts on the cards themselves depending on the deck

Queen of Clubs is on the SNAKE one.

Outside of that- there is no Sword or Queen card, so it might be an idea to ask that reader to clarify.

But from the sounds of it - you could br right.

Thank you for your response! A picture of the cards shows they were uniform and all appeared to belong to the same deck. I tried to find the specific deck used but haven't been able to find anything like it.

Amg182

Was the words written on the cards or did the reader tell you this was what the cards were called? It could be a deck that the reader made themselves.

Jackie C

Gypsy Fortunes

There is another Lenormand inspired deck, "Gypsy Fortunes" by Lady Lorelei, ISBN 0-7641-7709-5, with 36 cards.

I do the Grand Tableau spread with these cards as an alternative to the regular Lenormand cards.

The Gypsy Fortune deck does NOT have:
3. Ship, 8. Coffin, 12. Birds, 15. Bear, 19. Tower, 20. Garden, 21. Mountain, 22. Roads, 26. Book, 34. Fish, or 36. Cross.

The cards that the Gypsy Fortune deck has that the regular Lenormand does not have (the numbers are not for equivalent cards) are:
19. Clasped Hands, 27. Cat, 24. Flame, 8. Pig, 28. Sword, 31. Cupid, 32. Lightning, 33. Broken Mirror, 34. Train, 35 Bride, and 36. Safe.

Some cards are named differently--5. Tree turns into 5. Sick Person, 28. Man turns into
15. King, and 29. Woman turns into 14. Queen.

Using this deck gives the reader another perspective on a question.

I think these cards were originally known as the Whitman deck.