am I in trouble here?

nina

Hello,
I've heard before that you shouldn't be afraid of cards like Death and the Moon and the Three of Swords because they are not always interpreted literally, but I just did a spread for myself that's got me a little concerned.
I thought it would be a great reading to meditate on because I felt calm, undistracted and open. It was a celtic cross layout. It seems in different books the positions have different meanings, in some I've even seen it done with more cards (two to the left and right of the center overlay). Anyway:
The center/self card was Death, crossed over it was The Lovers, to the left the Knight of Cups, to the right the Ten of Swords. Beneath the center was the Ten of Cups, above the center the Knight of Swords. This seems like a very strong and very pessimistic configuration to me. The Ten of Swords and Death both meaning a catastrophic change, The lovers an important choice, and the Knight of Swords bringing bad energy as the Cups influence leaves my life. Is there a silver lining here? Help me out, please.
-Nina

cricket

First of all, hi. :) Just a tip... next time, put things like this in the 'your readings' section, instead of 'reading exchange' ok?

I think the whole thing is a silver lining. *L* Just take it as a fair warning that something disastrous is/could be coming your way depending on the choice you make. You're being told to use caution in proceeding. It's always a good thing to be warned ahead of time, imo.

HudsonGray

Well, it would depend on the question asked too. The lovers can represent a working business relationship or any two people (you and one other) who work well together. Not just lover situations.

Could be a major change in partnerships (love or otherwise), with all the knights being ACTIONS coming forward, and the 10's are completions of situations. The 10 of cups/swords may balance out. But all in all, take a close look at this 'relationship' you're currently in & see what's developing. Something is coming for you & while it may not be earth shaking, you're getting a heads up.

Everything ok at work? How's your dating life? Are you in partnership with a small business? One of these is going to be affected & it might be out of your control already. Silver lining depends on taking a strong look right now & getting ready.

Pollux

Moved to "Your Readings" section.
(Cricket even got at me... *LOL* :D)

There you'll have more feedback, I am sure. ;)

cricket

hehehe... gotta keep you on your toes. ;) :*

fairyhedgehog

Possible other meanings to consider:

Death as transition rather than catastophic change. Rites of passage, time to move on.

Swords as intellect rather than violence. A time for using your head not your heart.