the mt tarot challenge

merangue kitty

at the art forum i frequent, a thread recently popped up, entitled "challenge fo the tarot". at first, because of the large amount of contest and request threads popping up lately, i thought it was one of the former. but upon closer inspection, it turned out to be a group of the board's artsist getting together, laying claim to certain cards, and re-designing/drawing them, in an attempt to re-create an entire 78 card tarot deck, with multiple styles and different idea behind the cards.

this is what is claimed and done so far (not including mine which isn't on the list as completed yet)

just wanted to get some feedback on the images and idea, since i heard that a similar thing had been done here in..what was it..2001? yeh..

rota

They all look like characters from Yu-Gi-Oh, Pokemon, Cardcaptors, Sailor Moon... This could be great exercise for the anime fans in the crowd!

Insomnia Turtle

Despite the numerous broken links, they were actually quite fun to look at. Thanks for sharing :).

temperlyne

I don't really like the 'big eyed' style.. But it keeps the deck very coherent even though it's made by many differnt artistst.
I really loved the version of the Hierophant! No large eyes there!

blue_fusion

ooh. i like most of the images there. err, how does one join this collaborative project? :) i'm quite interested.

patter

I wonder, if I provided a base web-site would people here be interested in doing something similar? i.e. a collaborative deck?

blue_fusion

patter said:
I wonder, if I provided a base web-site would people here be interested in doing something similar? i.e. a collaborative deck?

well, there is the ongoing Second Aeclectic Tarot Project... but i myself would also want to be part of another collaborative deck project.however, i would prefer that this one would have a more defined theme, as well as more unifying aspects (similar borders, etc.) if ever you do go on organizing one, i'd be glad to be a part of it. :)

patter

I will certainly give it a go. Please see my new topic in this forum.

merangue kitty

blue_fusion said:
ooh. i like most of the images there. err, how does one join this collaborative project? :) i'm quite interested.

well, to join the mt one (which i doubt you'll do, now that there's another one here) you'd have to join the forum, then just call a card (only minors are left now though) and post the image..