Trimmed Borders/Altered Decks Index

Espeon

I just finished coloring the edges of my Beautiful Creatures Tarot dark blue.

a9bc666d23a3ef7b87dc44d03c8a2f93.jpg

859954bc67b8f158dfc48f363d48e56a.jpg

Small effort for a big improvement. Got to know this deck better while individually coloring each card. Win-win-win haha. [emoji38]

Dee Ell

Trimmed Truth Seeker's Tarot with metallic copper edges (I also added this deck to the Trading Forum if you fall in love :D )

I don't have before trimming pics, unfortunately.

Attachments

• IMG_20161223_115902.jpg
    IMG_20161223_115902.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 391
  • IMG_20161223_115810.jpg
    IMG_20161223_115810.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 383
  • IMG_20161223_115723.jpg
    IMG_20161223_115723.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 393

Michellehihi

Seeking advice on trimming

I have seen totally trimmed Mary-El but haven't seen any deck where 3 sides were trimmed and only the bottom was kept. What are your opinions on it? Should I? Because I love the black borders but unfortunately the images are not centred on my deck...

decan

I trimmed the Bonefire Tarot + rounded corners (2nd edition by Schiffer publishing); it is without borders and titles

ETA: I add as well a pic of my Druicraft once trimmed + rounded corners (I haven't a pic of this deck before), without the external white borders only.

ETA: I add a pic of the Bonefire "before"; actually it is a pic of another copy, no trimmed, that I have.

Attachments

• Bonefire1.jpg
    Bonefire1.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 448
  • Bonefire2.jpg
    Bonefire2.jpg
    106.2 KB · Views: 412
  • Druidcraft.jpg
    Druidcraft.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 371
  • Bonefire_Before.jpg
    Bonefire_Before.jpg
    109.5 KB · Views: 379

euripides

I'm not sure if I should add to this thread or start a new thread...

the list of altered decks is SO long I could spend hours... so ... if you're a fan of trimmed decks, which do you think look the best and are best suited to being trimmed, and perhaps aren't made too difficult to read with the loss of titles?

I'd love a trimmed deck - something a little smaller than usual but without being mini cards - and am thinking of choosing one and commissioning an experienced deck-trimmer to do it for me.

RavenLuna

I'm not sure if I should add to this thread or start a new thread...

the list of altered decks is SO long I could spend hours... so ... if you're a fan of trimmed decks, which do you think look the best and are best suited to being trimmed, and perhaps aren't made too difficult to read with the loss of titles?

I'd love a trimmed deck - something a little smaller than usual but without being mini cards - and am thinking of choosing one and commissioning an experienced deck-trimmer to do it for me.

My favourite trimmed decks are the Thoth and Druidcraft. They really come alive when they are trimmed. I've also removed the borders and titles from the Wildwood, but you need to know the cards well to read with those. The Druidcraft works really well, but it wouldn't be smaller than a usual deck. They are wider but slightly shorter images than a standard card. The Goddess Tarot (Kris Waldherr) is another one that is miles better without all those borders.

I suppose it depends which system you use the most. If you love RWS, you could trim the borders off those into a pocket sized deck, but the titles would have to stay on to make the Majors the same size as the Minors. If you didn't want any titles, you could trim something like a Crystal Visions or Llewellyn. If you use the Thoth, that would be my recommendation. It makes a massive difference to the cards. Some will say to leave the corners sharp, others prefer rounded corners.

ana luisa

I trimmed the Bonefire Tarot (2nd edition by Schiffer publishing); it is without borders and titles.

I just have a few pics of the deck two-sided once trimmed.

ETA: I add as well a pic of my Druicraft trimmed, without the external white border only.

The Bonefire looks AMAZING trimmed !! Great job :thumbsup: You may have pushed me into buying it after all. How does it read ?

decan

The Bonefire looks AMAZING trimmed !! Great job :thumbsup: You may have pushed me into buying it after all. How does it read ?
Oh thanks! :)
I feel comfortable with it but I had it lately and apart from the forum I don't do readings. Compared to my other decks I have a sense that it is more emotional in some way.
Well, if you know Robert Place decks, with the Bonefire it is the contrary!

decan

I just added (in my previous post) a picture of the Bonefire "before"; actually it is a pic of another copy, not trimmed, that I have.

I am sorry if it is inappropriate to post in this thread (because it is a long thread that will be closed), I don't really know.

Zephyros

This thread has reached a thousand posts and so is closed. There's a new thread open here which follows the same lines, but won't be indexed.