Motherpeace

AnemoneRosie

I suspect that someone deemed it a Thoth relation for the fact that the lwb includes some Thoth keywords - 6 of swords relating to science, for example.

prudence

I highly recommend this book https://www.amazon.com/Motherpeace-Tarot-Playbook-Astrology-Cards/dp/0914728539 in your quest to learn this deck. There are a lot of interesting and fun exercises, and the astrology part is very helpful too. But I do think it helps to have all of the books associated with this deck, they all give you a strong sense of the ideas shared between the two women who created the deck, which helps quite a lot in giving insight into reading with it.

Once you get used to the round cards and how that plays with the energy of the card being read, it's not terribly complicated.

prudence

Rosie, I suppose that might have been the cause. Having been immersed in all things Motherpeace for probably longer than I should have, I do find the connection between it and the Thoth a bit of a reach. I'd also advise anyone trying to learn to read fluidly with the MP, to not even try to incorporate an attempt at understanding the Thoth at the same time. Just stick to one at a time, regardless of tenuous connections that may be construed.

Gwynydd

I highly recommend this book https://www.amazon.com/Motherpeace-Tarot-Playbook-Astrology-Cards/dp/0914728539 in your quest to learn this deck. There are a lot of interesting and fun exercises, and the astrology part is very helpful too. But I do think it helps to have all of the books associated with this deck, they all give you a strong sense of the ideas shared between the two women who created the deck, which helps quite a lot in giving insight into reading with it.

Once you get used to the round cards and how that plays with the energy of the card being read, it's not terribly complicated.

I really want to get as many of the related books as possible. I currently only have the guidebook, and it's good :) Does anyone have the Motherpeace Ritual book? I think that sounds brilliant!

prudence

I really want to get as many of the related books as possible. I currently only have the guidebook, and it's good :) Does anyone have the Motherpeace Ritual book? I think that sounds brilliant!

I don't have it, it came about after my love affair with the Motherpeace was over. But, I would get it if I were just now starting my journey with this deck. I bought everything I could that related to this deck, that's how enamaored I was with it. Each book gave me more insight into the deck.

Gwynydd

Thanks, Prudence šŸ˜Š

Grizabella

I'm going to get the other books as soon as I can. I'm seriously thinking about doing a 6-month intensive study of this deck. I've never done a study of this kind before but I think it's going to be the best way for me to truly get the most out of Motherpeace. By "intensive study" I mean using only the Motherpeace for 6 months. In reality, though, maybe I should just commit to doing that for one month to start with, then expanding to another and another month if things have gone well for the previous month.

Gwynydd

I'm going to get the other books as soon as I can. I'm seriously thinking about doing a 6-month intensive study of this deck. I've never done a study of this kind before but I think it's going to be the best way for me to truly get the most out of Motherpeace. By "intensive study" I mean using only the Motherpeace for 6 months. In reality, though, maybe I should just commit to doing that for one month to start with, then expanding to another and another month if things have gone well for the previous month.

That sounds like it would be amazing, Grizabella :) I'd be interested to see how it goes! You'd definitely be well acquainted!

PS: I have done a little bit of study in the group recently, and am about to do a little more :)

AnemoneRosie

Well, I've started going through this deck. I think that I need a book or something, however. This deck seems coded.

Grizabella

My favorite book for this deck is the one I have---Motherpeace: A Way to the Goddess through Myth, Art, and Tarot. At one time I had all the other books, too, but this one has been the most packed with actual information that helps learn the deck. I can heartily recommend this one but the others are good, too. I just like this one a lot.