Tree of Life - Kether

smleite

I will be trying to “revive” these threads again, because I have just started to study the Cabala. And yes, I can hear you laughing! But I really want to learn, and I cross my fingers, hoping some of you will bother to answer me.

I have a question. Why not La Maison-Dieu / The Tower as Kether?

ihcoyc

meatbox666 said:
Kether is the Intelligentia Metatron.....through him God spoke to Moses. No eye has seen him and his job is to make sure this earh revolves every 24 hours. .

So, next time you're late for work, blame it on Metatron.

Now, about La Maison Dieu representing Kether --- Kether is the ultimate source of the lightning that blasts the Tower, that much seems certain by my understanding. I moreover understand that the lightning stroke that struck down Lucifer from heaven is supposed to have started in Kether and travelled through all the sephiroth. Since La Maison Dieu may represent either the fall of the tower of Babel, Lucifer's fall, or the Harrowing of Hell, in this sense it could be identified with Kether.

jmd

If there is any historical, rather than intrinsic, connection between the Atouts and the Tree of Life, then it is more likely to be in the various ways in which the letters have been incorporated into the deck, and how (if at all) the letters relate to the Tree.

The Sefer Yetzirah of course makes it clear that the letters are placed in a circle, not on any so-called paths which some Kabalists (from all persuations) seek to place to link the Sefirot.

If the letters are placed in a circle, there is also ground to consider that with these the swirlings of Da'at are formed - ie, the Tree of Knowledge, rather than the Tree of Life.

Both the (Continental based) Ordre Kabalistic de la Rose Croix and the (British based) Hermetic Order of the Golden Dawn have used (different) methods which seek to integrate or concatenate Kabalistic and Tarot considerations - and have done so in differing ways.

Two of the questions which I personally consider are important to consider is what the Tree of Life depicts (in a nutshell, a representation of progressive archetypal creation, emanation and manifestation); and what Tarot depicts (again in a nutshell, a progressive integration and spiritual ascent of the individual). Neither of my bracketed overly succinct 'answers' are of course adequate - but I write them in order to justify what follows.

Like many, I also consider that an ascent upon the Tree depicts the individual's ascent towards the spiritual realms. Likewise Tarot.

If one looks at these in sequence and as wholes, it becomes somewhat incongruous to correlate the Tower with Keter - yet there is also a sense in which every single card can be therein (ie, in Keter) reflected and considered. What and how does Keter become reflected in, and is itself a reflection of, each and every card?

In that sense, certainly the Maison Diev can be seen in Keter, and Keter in La Maison Diev. The Lightning bolt to the side as a representation of the whole Tree prior to its even existence (from the Ain Sof), the apparent progression of falling 'shells', the very fall of Adam from the heights of the Crowned mansion.

Could not the same description be also made of the same card if placed in Hesed? and here the very love of the event, the covenant implied in the divine act, become also apparent. Likewise, if the card is considered from Malkut, one sees how the very tumbling from the heights requires than one stay firmly on the ground... of course, we could each add more to the many considerations about each card in each and every Sefirah.

In my view, it is through indepedent study of the Tarot and the Kabalah that any integration will be discovered - rather than by adopting the correlations preferred by Wescott or others.

AmounrA

alpha alpha alpha

perhaps, the 21/22 trumps should be placed in a circle to? with no first and no last. The energy of the 21/22 swirling into an invisible central point. feeding the babe born in the abyss, like 21/22 guides. (I see a great tree around the base of which, in a circle, are the trumps.) Perhaps like fertilizer.

Radom thought: fruit from the tree of knowledge contain the tree of life. Fruit from the tree of life contain the tree of knowledge.Both evolving with each other.

alpha alpha alpha

firecatpickles

Keter is sometimes referred to as the Sephira that "wasn't", meaning that it is the whole of the tree and not a separate entity from it.

The Sephirot are sometimes listed without the Keter, with Da'at included in its stead, though not replacing it per se. [See http://www.aish.com/spirituality/kabbala101/Kabbala_3_-_The_Ten_Sefirot.asp].

To me, this makes more sense because the "Binah" then becomes "two" numerologically.

NightQueen

I really want to learn about the tree of life and kabbalah, but it looks so hard and confusing it scares me lol then I back away slowly, I just get so lost, Is there any chance of making a thread to study it from the beginning....slowly....step by step? hehe I heard one woman did something with the tree of life, Im not sure if it was for magik or another purpose but she didn't do it properly and her life was a mess for 3 weeks until she corrected her error, is this possible and how does one go about planning the tree of life or using it (other than in tarot) I dont even know if Im making any sense to you pro's, please be patient with me I must sound really dumb hehe:)

firecatpickles

NightQueen said:
I really want to learn about the tree of life and kabbalah, but it looks so hard and confusing it scares me lol then I back away slowly, I just get so lost, Is there any chance of making a thread to study it from the beginning....slowly....step by step? hehe I heard one woman did something with the tree of life, Im not sure if it was for magik or another purpose but she didn't do it properly and her life was a mess for 3 weeks until she corrected her error, is this possible and how does one go about planning the tree of life or using it (other than in tarot) I dont even know if Im making any sense to you pro's, please be patient with me I must sound really dumb hehe:)

You know, I was thinking the same thing. But inevitably, the course of conversation veers well away from what beginners such as you and me are comfortable with. I was actually thinking of starting a series of Threads that do just what you mention.

NightQueen

let's do it:)