Tarot de l'ange liberte

RavenOfSummer

Hello! I came across this deck by chance and was drawn to the images: http://www.latelierdemyrrha.com/jeux-tarots-livres-dvd/tarot-de-l-ange-liberté/

From what I can see this is a very large size deck, with cards being maybe about the size of two average hands put together, and majors only, based on a Victor Hugo poem. Here's a video that shows a bit of the deck: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ywQjuhhAuog&t=389s. My French is sadly lacking but I was glad to get a sense of the size, packaging etc from the video.

Just wondering if anyone has experience with this deck? I've had trouble finding information about it in English. Thanks for any thoughts!

gregory

I have it - it's beautiful. And yes - LARGE ! about 7 inches tall.

There are 2 versions of card 21 - L'homme libéré and L'homme enchaîné. The images are fantastically detailed and the colours are jewel-bright. It comes with an equally lovely booklet including the full text of Hugo's poem - L'ange Liberté.

I haven't read with it - it seems kind of TOO MUCH. But it's stunningly attractive. And great for meditation.

RavenOfSummer

I love the sound of this! Thanks gregory, adding this to my wish list :)

rylla

I have it too, I wish it were a full deck...I don't read too much with majors only- but it's a gorgeous deck.

decan

(...) Here's a video that shows a bit of the deck: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ywQjuhhAuog&t=389s. My French is sadly lacking but I was glad to get a sense of the size, packaging etc from the video.
The lady on Youtube says that she doesn't look at blogs or else at Aeclectic Tarot where people are very often fan of Reviews :)

Concerning the cards she notices that they are big (and a bit too big for a spread), that their colors are intense and that each card shows a lot of details (and sometimes too much details, it can be a bit confusing). The quality of the card seems good and not glossy. She shows 22 cards only (the Major Arcana)

Concerning the booklet she said that it gets to the point, but nevertheless she complains a bit with regard to it: the explanations (in french) wouldn't be concrete enough, and sometimes they are a bit nebulous with regard to the analysis.
According to what she says the cards follow a spiritual dynamic, from birth to the freedom of the Man.
These cards would be very appropriated for a daily draw where we want to meditate on a card, spiritually.

Well Gregory sumed up things very well!!
Personally I haven't this deck.

RavenOfSummer

I have it too, I wish it were a full deck...I don't read too much with majors only- but it's a gorgeous deck.

Thanks for your thoughts rylla! I was wondering about that- this would be my first majors-only deck. I think I might use it for certain types of readings- like a one-card draw to see what archetype I might consider drawing out in a certain situation. There's a spread I found called The Holy Fool that I've done a few times with my Rumi Tarot- it's a six-card spread with the first card being The Holy Fool him/herself. Anyway I've done the spread three times with my Rumi and each time I've pulled a major for that position. After the third time I thought, now I think I'd be disappointed at this point if I pulled a minor here! Because I got used to the idea of embodying a major, archetypal idea for that spread. So I'm thinking for that type of thing I might use a majors deck for reading :)

RavenOfSummer

The lady on Youtube says that she doesn't look at blogs or else at Aeclectic Tarot where people are very often fan of Reviews :)

Concerning the cards she notices that they are big (and a bit too big for a spread), that their colors are intense and that each card shows a lot of details (and sometimes too much details, it can be a bit confusing). The quality of the card seems good and not glossy. She shows 22 cards only (the Major Arcana)

Concerning the booklet she said that it gets to the point, but nevertheless she complains a bit with regard to it: the explanations (in french) wouldn't be concrete enough, and sometimes they are a bit nebulous with regard to the analysis.
According to what she says the cards follow a spiritual dynamic, from birth to the freedom of the Man.
These cards would be very appropriated for a daily draw where we want to meditate on a card, spiritually.

Well Gregory sumed up things very well!!
Personally I haven't this deck.

That is so kind of you to translate the video for me decan!!! Thank you very much :love: