The Golden (Kat Black) is now laminated like hell!!

Miss Divine

Since a friend of mine fell in love with my Golden Tarot, she decided to get her own copy. She loved the matte cardstock...Well... Until her own copy arrived. I saw it, US Games has laminated it like their other decks. It is just awful!! That lamination kills this deck...So sad!! She's not happy (I'm not happy either because I was thinking about getting a back-up). She can't send it back saying she hates the lamination either.
We checked the print dates on the box, hers says exactly the same as mine..2003. Unbelievable!

Just thought I'd let everyone know...

Muir Aingeal

That's really too bad :(

GadgetGirl

Owww man! That's a shame. I'd like to get this one at some stage and I'm really not a fan of the full on lamination that US Games does. I can understand why they do it but.

I wonder if they didn't do such full on lamination, if they would actually sell more decks because peoples decks wouldn't last as long as they do with the plastic. If they didn't last as long they'd need a replacement much sooner.... Hmmmm... I'm sure they've considered this and there's method in their madness so to speak.

Abrac

That is pretty weird. Do they still have gilt edges? Seems like a strange combo.

Le Fanu

That's very odd, as to all intents & purposes U.S Games weren't going to print any more decks in Italy.

What does it say on the box/title card? It must say somewhere where it is printed.

Alta

That's a big change. Also wondering about the gilt edging. The cards most of us have have such pleasant feeling lamination. sniff...

Le Fanu

This is where that compulsive buying of two copies of beautiful decks comes in very, very handy...

*Le Fanu imitates the 4 of Pentacles with his 2 X unglossy Goldens in baba bags*

Essjay

Alta said:
That's a big change. Also wondering about the guilt edging. The cards most of us have have such pleasant feeling lamination. sniff...

This is so true, how on earth would that glossy lamination work with gilt edges. I can't imagine how that would look. Maybe it was a small batch *crosses fingers*

Miss Divine

Abrac said:
That is pretty weird. Do they still have gilt edges? Seems like a strange combo.

Yes they do still have the gilt edjes. It IS a strange combo indeed! It just doesn't look and feel right.

Miss Divine

Le Fanu said:
This is where that compulsive buying of two copies of beautiful decks comes in very, very handy...

*Le Fanu imitates the 4 of Pentacles with his 2 X unglossy Goldens in baba bags*

Yeah, be glad you do have two copies of the beautiful matte Goldens!