The Golden (Kat Black) is now laminated like hell!!

FLizarraga

I encountered a matte Golden Tarot at the local flea market for the first time ever! My friend ended up buying it; it was a steal at 10 USD. But I was actually surprised to see it illuminate some strengths of the glossy version (which I own and use often).

The glossy version seems a lot sturdier, and it looks like the colors will last longer in an unaltered (rather than washed-out/scuffed) state.

Funny, I just realized that I was responding to a long-dead thread that you just resuscitated, my dear Fey Wolf. :)

I agree with you: yes, the matte is nice in its own right, but the colors of the glossy version are richer and more vivid.

feynrir

Funny, I just realized that I was responding to a long-dead thread that you just resuscitated, my dear Fey Wolf. :)

I agree with you: yes, the matte is nice in its own right, but the colors of the glossy version are richer and more vivid.

It was odd because just the day previous, I was hunting online for a "matte" version of the Golden! But now that I've seen one in person quite by chance, I don't envy it nearly as much as I used to. The shuffling is probably luxurious with a matte version, but I can appreciate the durability and vibrance of the glossy copies. Who'd have known 😁

Astilano

Does anyone have edition from Königsfurt-Urania?

Le Fanu

I thought this deck was entirely U.S Games and didn't have any connection to Urania-Konigsfurt. Have you actually seen a deck with this name by them? I'd be very curious to see one if there was one.

FLizarraga

I thought this deck was entirely U.S Games and didn't have any connection to Urania-Konigsfurt. Have you actually seen a deck with this name by them? I'd be very curious to see one if there was one.

It shows up on their collection -- and also on Amazon.de and other places, isted as published by Königsfurt-Urania Verlag. However, even in the images at the Königsfurt-Urania website, the box itself clearly says U.S. Games.

So I'm assuming this is a Llewelyn/Lo Scarabeo sort of deal, where Königsfurt-Urania is distributing the deck in Europe, but not actually making it.