Golden Universal Tarot

greatdane

I really like the look of the Universal with gold and it looks like it doesn't have all the titles in multiple languages. I just pre ordered on Amazon since it's about 8 dollars less right now (doesn't look like it's coming out til May though). Anyone else looking at this one and do you like it better (from the scans) than the original Universal? I know til one has it in their hands a bit hard to tell, but from scans, I think it looks really good.

Thoughtful

Oh! greatdane, how could you do this to me, l am just getting in to a cosy relationship with my new Universal Waite, and you put this temptation in my way. But it does sound rather yummy!

GoldenWolf

Just curious, since the last thing I need is another new deck, is this the LS Universal or the RWS Universal?

atlantis

GoldenWolf, it is the LS Universal. :)

Carla

Well, it's £21.25 on UK Amazon (down from £25). That's $33.58 US. Rip off Britain strikes again!

GoldenWolf

GoldenWolf, it is the LS Universal. :)

Thanks, atlantis. I love gilded decks, but I'm not sure that's enough for me to buy this deck since I have the original already.

greatdane

Lo Scarabeo or Llewellyn?

I must have missed something. It says Lo Scarabeo but says publisher is Llewellyn. So I gather they're partners now or something, I must have missed that....

GoldenWolf

Llewelyn is the US distributor for LS. So still a LS deck.

greatdane

I didn't know that because I only have one LoS deck and it's more for history's sake (the Visconti Sforza)! So thanks for that. I was wondering if something had changed GoldenWolf, because the Golden doesn't look like it has multilanguages on it.... And when I saw PUBLISHER, Llewellyn, on Amazon, I just thought something was up! So it's the distributor, not publisher?

GoldenWolf

I'm not aware that LS does any special editions for Llewellyn for the US market. More likely they have seeing threads and posts here complaining about the multilingual borders. Now that and the gilt might be worth having!