Medieval Scapini editions

JylliM

I bought the Medieval Scapini earlier this year after reading as much as I could about the different editions, as I'd read that the first was the best and there was at least one edition (can't remember the exact details) which wasn't nearly as desirable. I bought the one in the window box, the one I thought at the time was agreed to be the nicest available. Then I took it to a tarot meet yesterday and was informed that this isn't the best, that there's one with reflective gold foil rather than gold ink. Rather than try wading through the Internet in search, is there anyone here who can give me an answer on this? I thought all versions were gold ink of varying 'goldness'. Am I wrong?

JylliM

To cut to the chase (previous post a bit longwinded, sorry).

Is there such a thing as a Medieval Scapini with gold foil rather than gold ink?

Thanks!

nisaba

I'm sure one of our Finnish members has it ... Kissa, perhaps? Or Hemera?

nisaba

Wait - JylliM, does your copy have a "window" in the front of the box? I forgot to look ...

gregory

I have one with gold ink. I have never seen nor heard of one with FOIL.

Not sure what happened in the end, but http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=205240

I don't believe there is one with foil. But the gold ink is very gold-y, slightly reflective. I think you are right, JylliM.

JylliM

Wait - JylliM, does your copy have a "window" in the front of the box? I forgot to look ...

I didn't bring the box but yes, it is the one with the window.

I have one with gold ink. I have never seen nor heard of one with FOIL.

Not sure what happened in the end, but http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=205240

I don't believe there is one with foil. But the gold ink is very gold-y, slightly reflective. I think you are right, JylliM.

Thanks Gregory, I thought I'd done my homework!

JylliM

I'm 'supposed' to be in Toadies too! Looks like a good deal, doesn't it? })

gregory

It's a good deal and the book is well worth having. I actually bought that set JUST to have the book. But it ISN'T the gold ink one. None of the new ones are.