Bohemian Gothic Study - which cards are the scariest?

Vetch

I don't own that deck, but because of this interesting thread I went to their site. Wow. I found it to be much better than I thought, a truly intriguing deck that connects to somewhere deep down in the soul's well. Orsumsuch...

I think I want it.

The card that stuck out for me at once is the devil. I can feel his energy. I'm afraid he's the one I used to date. What a sucker.

Grizabella

baba-prague said:
For me it's probably The Hermit because of a very strange experience I had around that card.

Tell us, tell us! If it's not too personal, that is. :) I'm dying to know! It's part of the eeriness---knowing of a strange or spooky experience while creating it.

Cat*

Three of Swords - "Oops. Uh, really, I just came here. I have no idea how those doves died and turned to stone..."

Seven of Pentacles - A few years later... "I swear, they all died a completely natural death. My cooking had nothing to do with it."

The Empress - Her face seems to melt; and that bright red lipstick on the child looks just wrong.

Ten of Cups - I love this card. This is the perfect example of a creepy dysfunctional family with a ton of ugly secrets going on while everybody tries to keep up the facade. I'm sure that Sigmund Freud later encountered these kids...

Nine of Wands, Four of Pentacles, Nine of Pentacles, Page of Cups - They're all mad in their own way. The Nine of Wands is about to snap and kill either himself or someone else (war trauma?), Four of Pentacles probably also poisoned some husbands (or fiancés, since I'm not sure she actually ever got married), Nine of Pentacles is about to slay that bird, too, and then eat it raw (a sister of Three of Swords?), and Page of Cups is on her way to drown herself in a nearby lake or river. Her tiny little beaded purse will be found a long time before the rest of her.

The Emperor - Hello? Garlands of skulls? Other than that, sharpchick put it perfectly already.

Justice - The Malleus Maleficarum, of course. But first I noticed his differently colored eyes. That guy has some really sick fantasies about those "witches" he keeps obsessing about...

Knight of Swords - Justice's younger brother. They have much in common and run a business together.

Five of Wands - "Oh shit. I'm pretty sure my morning-star won't be of much use with those guys..."

The Hermit - He's not exactly creepy on second sight but I still put him here because he looks so very sad (not much liking his solitude, it seems).

baba-prague

Solitaire* said:
Tell us, tell us! If it's not too personal, that is. :) I'm dying to know! It's part of the eeriness---knowing of a strange or spooky experience while creating it.

I'd rather not just now as I am a bit reticent to talk about this in public (either a fear of being thought crazy :joke: or just an instinct about not talking too much about some things).

But I did have a very strange encounter which still scares me a bit.

6 Haunted Days

baba-prague said:
I'd rather not just now as I am a bit reticent to talk about this in public (either a fear of being thought crazy :joke: or just an instinct about not talking too much about some things).

But I did have a very strange encounter which still scares me a bit.

Arggg, you always do this! Mention a tantalizing tidbit, then say you won't talk about it!

Now with this post I'm dying to know even more than before!

Promise

I don't really find any of the cards "scary", but the Nine of Wands is very unsettling to me. I really can't explain why, other than that there's just something about his stare that startles me.

The Two of Cups gets a similar response from me, and once again, I can't really explain why.

Actually, I take that back...The Hermit does scare me in a way, although it's more terror than fear.

Muir Aingeal

I must not scare easily but the cards that I did find a little spooky were:

Page of wands- The little girl in the white dress looks haunting, she looks like a ghost child. This is my favorite card in the deck!!

The Hermit- yes, a little on the scary side. That card catches my eye a lot when I go through the cards. I find myself looking at it and taking double takes.

But my over all fav is the page of wands...haunting and chilling..love it!!!

RubyV

Justice - The judge really spooks me. That look in his eyes...Shudder.

Bloudwedd

I agree with several of you here: The scariest cards are the cards with children in! As today, when I drew the Empress. The young little girl looked really scared. But I got the feeling that she was not at all afraid of the skeleton in the mirror. He was most likely her freind, maybe her only freind. The one she was really afraid of was her mother. A mother that seems to be very domineering and demanding. If you do not do it right you get punished...

The grownups can make their own choices if they want to walk the dark streets. Kids dont. Thats why the Empress scares me so....
/Anna

karen0205

The Hermit card has creepy eyes and that Tower Card with the lightening
going through the statues throat! ewwwww