Pros and Cons Thread #3 - Enabling and De-Enabling

Alta

Oooh, what did you get, and why? }) ;)
Believe me, I get that question, :D but to keep the thread on topic please don't start in this thread. Could make a fun thread on its own though.
Alta

Madrigal

I don't have it, but after looking at it online, 'static' seems a good description of it. When I see a layout of cards, I want to be excited about reading them. I want to see more than just what tradition tells me they are supposed to mean. For me, this would be a pretty deck that I wouldn't get much from; I'd prefer a deck with some meat on its bones. :)

Yep, I've been looking at it on various blogs and IG accounts, not just the pics but the layouts themselves to see if I could read with it based on the particular layout being used. Like a magpie I'm all distracted by the gold and lovely lines but when I can tear my attention away from that aesthetic, lol, I don't find myself pulling too much intuitive info. Haven't ruled it out entirely yet but there are other decks further up on my list.

rachelcat

Retroracle and Silson Lenormand

Help! I need emergency de-enabling on two fabulous Malpertius decks.

I linked to the Retroracle from the What's New page, and love it, the design and the fact that it's a Lenormand expanded to a full 52 card deck plus jokers. And the titles are in Polish. Don't know why I like that, I know nothing of Polish or Poland . . .

And while there I encountered the Silson Lenormand. Love the faux medieval style. And the titles are in Latin. Which I do know a little of and like.

Why do not I need these?

I don't need to learn a unique oracle system when there are other, more traditional systems I haven't learned yet.

I'm not even using Lenormands much these days.

I already have Edmund's Lenormand de Marseille, in three versions, which I also love.

Shipping costs across the pond are kind of high.

Can you come up with any other cons? Ok, ok, you twisted my arm, I'll take pros, too!

Michellehihi

I linked to the Retroracle from the What's New page, and love it, the design and the fact that it's a Lenormand expanded to a full 52 card deck plus jokers. And the titles are in Polish. Don't know why I like that, I know nothing of Polish or Poland . . .

And while there I encountered the Silson Lenormand. Love the faux medieval style. And the titles are in Latin. Which I do know a little of and like.

Why do not I need these?

I don't need to learn a unique oracle system when there are other, more traditional systems I haven't learned yet.

I'm not even using Lenormands much these days.

I already have Edmund's Lenormand de Marseille, in three versions, which I also love.

Shipping costs across the pond are kind of high.

Can you come up with any other cons? Ok, ok, you twisted my arm, I'll take pros, too!

I cannot de-enable you because you enabled me on the retroracle!!!

G6

Missed out on the first printing, second printing is in. Anybody want to enable me? I'm pretty close to buying it but it feels a bit static when I spend any time online with it.

Golden Thread Tarot

I like this deck and the cards are plastic, which is a plus. The maker did a free app for the deck if you'd rather just a digital deck of it?

FLizarraga

We're just being friends, dear. 😇

Oh, de-enabling you on Malpertuis decks is easy. The cardstock is always scrumptious. The gilded edges scream luxury --unlike most other sticky golden edges you have encountered. And the art. The art! And the antiqued finish! Even the tight tuckboxes will stay solid and retain their shape for years to come. They are worth every penny.

There, did I de-enable enough? 😇 😇

athenafletcher

Journey Into Egypt

I've been eyeing this deck for a while and I've scoured all the threads related to this so I feel like it's calling me. I am, however, hesitant because the US exchange rate has been brutal for some time now and with Christmas shopping just around the corner, I'm not sure if I can squeeze it into my budget this month.

So is it worth getting in the near future? Most of the posts I've seen are incredibly positive, but people's opinions on this thread will be my final decider. I appreciate any and all comments in helping me make up my mind.

rylla

Journey into Egypt

Last time I looked the deck was not available.

CharlotteK

Would anyone care to enable or denable me regarding Tinker's Damn please? I have PayPal credits but it's an expensive deck, however shipping is free compared to usual extortion to the UK. It looks amazing. My finger is itchy.

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk