Ana Cortez (Playing Card Oracles) videos on Youtube

MareSaturni

Noelle said:
Would someone tell me if the backs of the cards (i.e. the U.S. Games version) look like this:
http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/playing-card-oracles/

If they are different, is there anywhere I can view this.

Thanks.

No they don't look like this.

They have this same pattern in the middle, but there's a big cream border around it. You can see it here.

Ana uses in her video a deck that has the same back as the one shown here at AT, but I never found it for sale...

Lela

Noelle said:
Would someone tell me if the backs of the cards (i.e. the U.S. Games version) look like this:
http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/playing-card-oracles/

If they are different, is there anywhere I can view this.

Thanks.
Now I'm not 100% sure about this, but If I remember correctly, I read somewhere that before USG published the deck, Ana and her father had self-published the cards and the original card backs were borderless like the ones you see her use in the video.

Noelle

Marina - thank you for the link. Those backs are just awful. I also think AT should change their card display as it gives incorrect information to potential buyers.

Lela - If that were the case it would be pretty much impossible to find.

.... what a disappointment!

Lela

Noelle said:
Lela - If that were the case it would be pretty much impossible to find.

.... what a disappointment!
Yep, I agree! I would much prefer the cards with borderless backs too. I can deal with the borders, but what I don't like about the USG backs is that they printed a small USG copyright on them, which I think mucks up the design.

lark

It may have been nicer to have the original backs on the cards we can aquire now, but I am very grateful for these cards in whatever form.
If US Games wouldn't have printed them they may have just disappeared as a little one print run deck....and we would never have known about them.
Or worse yet had to pay big buck for an OOP deck.

Maybe a good question to ask Ana...if there are any original printings still around and who the original deck was printed by??

cardlady22

lark said:
Maybe a good question to ask Ana...if there are any original printings still around and who the original deck was printed by??
I have the earlier edition of the book which says Two Sisters Press. My deck is the US Games printing, so I have no idea what the packaging/info for the self-published version was.

lark

cardlady22 said:
I have the earlier edition of the book which says Two Sisters Press. My deck is the US Games printing, so I have no idea what the packaging/info for the self-published version was.
Thank you cardlady..:)

Essjay

Moonbow* said:
Me too Essjay, its her videos (plus a recommendation!) that made me explore the deck. I don't always see the same as Ana does in the cards but her close examination of them whilst she is doing a reading, and the way she connects the question to the cards is a joy to watch. I've watched them all now.

I've got the latest video yet to watch but I'm transfixed by them :)

Moonbow

A heads up

She has done another video.

This time its a reading about George Clooney and Elisabetta Canalis!

I love the way she pulls the cards in a random, non-spread way. Its the way I like to pull cards, and also reminds us that we can read about celebs to get the practice in.