Temperance

inanna_tarot

Hey!
Any ideas why Michael, the angel would have one of his feet half dipped in the pool of water? I thought this was a card about fire and earth, but this morning i felt very drawn to the water and the foot - any ideas?

Sezo
x

poivre

The water represents the subsonscious and conscious minds.Mabee the angel is telling us to take the middle ground and "temper" ourselves. The lesson of tempering our experiences.
Just an idea.

inanna_tarot

ohh well that goes with me being a libra to the core lol
hmmm have to think about tempering myself - maybe its telling me to spend as much time studying socrates as i do on the net?!

hmm NAH! lol

Sezo
x

WalesWoman

How about living with one foot in both worlds, similar to the Star too, I think and to a lesser extend the 7 of Wands. A balance between the physical world and the spiritual one, between being grounded in solid intellectual "fact" and carried away by emotion or intuition???? Even practical vs the impulsive dreamer. Water in balance with earth, all elements actually, but this is about the feet and getting toes wet. I keep thinking of more, the logical, no nonsense, always done it this way of customs blended with inspired, innovative creative new approaches or idealism. Desires balanced by responsibility...it just goes on and on.

Vadella

WalesWoman- I really like your interpretation of this card. I was staring at the feet and thinking the same thing. Then I look at the cups and she's pouring the water into the cup on the same side as the foot in the water. It makes me think that she's leaning more towards the spiritual aspect.