1889?

AnjouTwo

Overall, it's visually too dark for me to want to read with it - I like my Lenormand decks to be more "crisp" but of the darker decks with the sole exception of teh Wizard Laird deck I am still salivating for: http://www.malpertuis.co.uk/site/legend-of-the-wizard-laird.html

I understand what you mean. I generally like brighter, more minimal, decks, too. This deck just captivated me in a way that few modern Lenormands do, and that was made all the more sweet by the fact that I wasn't expecting it to be finished.

I hope we get some information about the Wizard Laird deck soon - I share your anticipation!

2orangetabbies

I received my deck, too. I was #6 of 1000. :) It came with a nice little keyword card and the certificate of authenticity, and the tuck box is lovely. But, oddly, after all this time looking forward to it, I've not been able to make myself open the box and look at the cards. Part of that might be because deck is shrink wrapped, and I hate to "spoil" it. Part of it might be that maybe some residual negativity from the artist is clinging to the cards. Silly, I know. :p But, I'm headed out of town for a conference next week, and I think then I will break the deck open and give it a try.

Barleywine

Personally, I like the muted tones; many traditional decks are similarly muted. There is something definitely wrong with that Bear's front end, though. I've seen a few of them walking around in the wild, and this one is anatomically challenged! Still, that wouldn't stop me from buying if it wasn't so pricey.

Melia

I don't live in a bear country, so I wouldn't know ... lol. While it's not my favourite bear card, I don't mind it. Overall, there's a lot I like about this deck. One minor quibble is the snake isn't facing the man card, but it's still one of the most well thought out decks I've seen in a long time.