ISO a lenormand study partner

olivia1

Not sure where to post this but basically, I was wondering if anyone is interested in becoming lenormand study partners. I figured we could work together by practicing readings with each other, discussing the cards together, reading the same lenormand books and sharing our take away with each other, and etc. That was pretty much how I learned to read tarot. I'm a beginner. I initially started studying lenormand years ago but lost interest because I didn't know anyone else who was as into it as I was. I own the rana George book.

I do realize this is a learning forum but having a partner does more for me. Kind of like in college ( university). had many classmates in a course but I felt I learned much more when I had an after class study partner. If this is against forum rules, moderators feel free to delete.

Sharla

Hi Olivia

I know i've helped you beforehand, but i am still a learner myself.

So i wouldn't mind being your study partner, to do practise readings on each other.

The only thing is, like i said before to you, im not going just by a book its just practising more than anything.

I also have the rana george book, but don't go only by her meanings.

We could maybe pull a card a day for each other to start with....rather than an actual read, this could then maybe give us more meanings for each card coming into play.

Also using one card per day would give us both chance to let our intuition be in play more for "the" card.

So we'd need to write at least 3 lines for the card we get for that day. At the end of the day, we'd come back and say how the meaning given for the card had played out.

Infact maybe we could start with intuition and not actual book meanings and see what happens.

olivia1

Hi Olivia

I know i've helped you beforehand, but i am still a learner myself.

So i wouldn't mind being your study partner, to do practise readings on each other.

The only thing is, like i said before to you, im not going just by a book its just practising more than anything.

I also have the rana george book, but don't go only by her meanings.

We could maybe pull a card a day for each other to start with....rather than an actual read, this could then maybe give us more meanings for each card coming into play.

Also using one card per day would give us both chance to let our intuition be in play more for "the" card.

So we'd need to write at least 3 lines for the card we get for that day. At the end of the day, we'd come back and say how the meaning given for the card had played out.

Infact maybe we could start with intuition and not actual book meanings and see what happens.

I wouldn't consider you a beginner. You're much further along than me but if you're open then so am I :)I'm open to your study plan but I need to warn you that I'm still pretty by the book. Simply because I'm not far along to know any other way.

And ok we could do whatever you think is best. I'm not sure how accurate my one card draws by intuition will be but I'm open to that until you decide that I'm so off that maybe I should try something else. How far along are you? Do you journal?

So far I ask the cards a specific question about how my day will go and then I write down the cards. Last two weren't so accurate. You mention pulling cards for each other and writing three lines How many lines is a line? A sentence? Also would the individual cards be like the theme of the day?

Sharla

I wouldn't consider you a beginner. You're much further along than me but if you're open then so am I :)I'm be open to your study plan but I need to warn you that I'm still pretty by the book. Simply because I'm not far along to know any other way.

And ok we could do whatever you think is best. I'm not sure how accurate my one card draws by intuition will be but I'm open to that until you decide that I'm so off that maybe I should try something else. How far along are you? Do you journal?

So far I ask the cards a soecific question about how my day will go and then I write down the cards. Last two weren't so accurate.

So thats what i mean by just starting with one card....just put the book away and go by intuition, this will help you a lot more than a book.

For example i pull a card for you for tomorrow and i get (mountain)....id say, right so tomorrow is going to be a dragged out day, or something will be a struggle, or i could say more....that's it its as simple as that.

We Pick the card and look at the picture and go by our first instincts ....even as silly as it may sound to us, we just say it.

I need to start using my book less and intuition more, so i'm down for doing this with you.....BUT no books or googling lol, JUST what you see is what you say.

Lenormand pics are really simple so this should be quite easy to do......BUT you gotta have trust in what your seeing, dont let your ego get in the way and say NO.

Barleywine

Note that if you exchange readings on this site, they need to be posted in the Lenormand Readings sub-forum and should not be done via PM. Answering questions and comparing notes on Lenormand subject matter by PM is fine.

From the posting rules:

"As AT is a learning environment, please do not offer to conduct or ask for private readings/exchanges. It is impossible for members to learn if readings are conducted off-forum (via email, Skype, PM or other form)."

Sharla

I don't think there is any intentions of doing this by PM Barleywine, we are just learning with each other on the forum, so if anyone wants to see our feedback on the cards etc, then they can....that's what this site is all about. :)

Thanks for the reminder anyway......i know your only doing your job ;)

olivia1

Note that if you exchange readings on this site, they need to be posted in the Lenormand Readings sub-forum and should not be done via PM. Answering questions and comparing notes on Lenormand subject matter by PM is fine.

From the posting rules:

"As AT is a learning environment, please do not offer to conduct or ask for private readings/exchanges. It is impossible for members to learn if readings are conducted off-forum (via email, Skype, PM or other form)."

We won't exchange via pm.

Barleywine

Thanks for the acknowledgement. I'm not sure how anyone would know if you did, but thought it was worth mentioning.

sweetcherise13

I just seen this thread and see that two of you have already paired up for practice and learning more on the Lenormand.
I'm quite new to it also and would love to join in if at all possible?

olivia1

I just seen this thread and see that two of you have already paired up for practice and learning more on the Lenormand.
I'm quite new to it also and would love to join in if at all possible?

Yes of course. But i won't really be able to commit much time to studying this month because I have a very busy schedule but when I can, I'll post again? Sorry you two a bunch of stuff came up