The large Thoth deck in the White Box - A different "energy"?

Emily

It is strange about the green Thoth but if you look at the postings above, most of us who have started off with the green Thoth, and not clicked with it, have gone on to buy other versions of the deck and had no problems.
When I bought my green one I knew of the reputation of Crowley, but I'd seen the deck online, liked it and wanted to try to get to know it.
I'm glad I didn't let the green version end my liking of this deck because its a beautiful deck to use.

MystiqueMoonlight

Just to throw in here. I don't believe any deck can be embued with a particular character be it manevalant or otherwise.

IMO decks are static until you place your personal energy into it be it through consecration or continual use. To assume a deck of mass produced cards from a printing house contains any energy may be misleading.

Now I'm not aiming this at anyone in particular guys, it's my personal opinion.
:)

MM

Emily

Hi MystiqueMoonlight,

I think this is what has happened with my deck, because I bought it second hand I have no idea of its history, it didn't look used but it obviously had been - the bookshop also had Thoth and Crowley books from the same owner, the other smaller Thoth deck had already been sold.
I'm wondering now why the previous owner decided to get rid of all his, I do know that it was a he lol, Thoth/Crowley collections.

paradoxx

Those are suspicous circumstances in regard to your intutions about the deck.

The ISBN to the US Games Green Box (that i have) Deck
0 913866 15 6

so if there is any energy excludisve with the White Box edition I have no access to it, although the backs of this Green Box edition seem to vibrate at times.

I'm not sure "sick" is the word i would describe some of the feelings from the artwork, but "plainly distrubed" fits for some of the readings that i have recieved.

I suppose the last questions would be the publisher of the Green Thoth in the Large White box, as i have found one by Llwelin, one by US Games, and one by Weiser. and from teh pictues i have seen at www.isisbooks.com is that the card that has the red OTO logo is in fact different for each publisher. Also, if possible, does the extra red and black card give any specific feeling, the one i have does not seem to fit in to any kind of use i can identify for this deck.

Beyond that, i can't identify what the problem may be

Rusty Neon

Green box vs. White box

Hi ... my original post was about the cards in the white box. Now that people have mentioned the cards in the green box .... I was wondering .... about the white box's cards vs. the green box's cards.

I only have the mid-size Thoth in the US Games purple box. I've seen the large cards of the large size Thoth deck in the white box but I've never seen the large cards of the US Games green box. Anyone who has both the white box cards and the green box cards ... what is the difference in appearance between the cards in the WHITE box and the cards in the GREEN box. I am guessing that the ones in the green box look photographically crisp (like cards in the purple box) but that they have a green tinge, while the cards in the white box are not as well photographically done and have colour contrast differences as between individual cards.

Thanks in advance!

paradoxx

I suppose the act of photography and the urban legends associated w/ it may factor into the interrpretations and visuakl receptivity to the cards.

Thoth1884

I have the Thoth deck.. in like the greyish blue marble box.... its not the large deck though...ibn # 0-88079-308-2 when i picked up the box.. i didn't get feelings... but started to recieve random images....

Emily

Ahh you have the one with the three Magus too Thoth1884, this is the deck I have, (I also use the mini one from 'The Complete Tarot Kit').
I like the size and colouring of this standard sized deck and I also prefer to use the eight armed magus not the one included with the large decks - The only thing that is missing from this deck is the unicursal hexagram card and I would love to know why they left it out.

Artemis Sans

God, I love the Thoth. I mean, where else can you get so many different cultural ideas and archetypes? That said, I also love the green box deck. I haven't read with my Rider-Waite in days because I'm so enamored with it. I bought the large cards (which are a bit clumsy in my tiny hands <: ) in the green box, and I can't seem to pull myself away from them!!! I catch myself just admiring them or thinking about them absent-mindely. I can't imagine how anyone could feel anything but positive, cross-cultural energy from these... but appartanly, some people do, and now I'm intrigued... Does anyone have a link to the site displaying the white-box cards?

-Artemis

suzyspellbound

I have the large white box -Thank you princessofp0wer, I LOVE my deck its the only one I have I am so surprised at so many of the bad reactions people have towards it - and I have looked/held different versions of it that just wouldn't do! Im not tying to argue if it sounds like I am- im just really suprised!