Exstasis

PlatinumDove

Alright, yesterday (yes I did indeed plan on posting about this yesterday but I was so tired, it was time for a long nap and a bath), Exstasis suddenly popped into being around me, and fluttered around my head, never letting me be, until I found myself doodling the word Exstasis in my few minutes of free time, and thinking about the word every minute I got.

My first impression when I saw the card was a play on the word Ecstasy.

Hmmmm...the root of ecstacy is: Middle English extasie, from Old French, from Late Latin extasis, terror, from Greek ekstasis, astonishment, distraction, from existanai, to displace, derange : ek-, out of; see ecto- + histanai, to place; see st- in Indo-European Roots.

So now, from the roots of ecstacy, more importantly ekstasis ("astonishment" or "distraction"), or extasis ("terror"), since those are the ones most close to the word exstasis.

Then I thought what if it is not a play on ecstacy, but literally ex-stasis? A state of non-stasis, or a state of constant movement?

Genna

PlatinumDove said:
Then I thought what if it is not a play on ecstacy, but literally ex-stasis? A state of non-stasis, or a state of constant movement?

Yes,I think you are absolutely right;the song moving through us all,through Unity;giving us life.Unity and Ekstasis are the Deity cards as I see it.
I never had an ecstasy feeling from getting this card in a reading yet.Something is happening,but I have to figure out what,how to interpret it into my life.
Now I see the clue may be end of stasis.