Line strider Tarot

Terrapin

Mine arrived a few days ago from Amazon and I guess I'm lucky I haven't had any bending or chipping issues yet. The finish on the cards reminds me of old card stock from the early 70's. I've compared it to my old Aquarian from Morgan press-- a close match texturally speaking, but the Llewelyn card stock is a wee bit thicker. I can see it softening into a nice vintage kind-of-feel deck.

The bowing was a problem for me. It is for most decks I find. For example, I recently bought the PCS RWS from LoScarabeo and it bowed horribly after a day of being out of its shrink wrap. What I do when this happens is 'work' the cardboard. For a few days, bend the individual cards back and forth or take small groups of them and work them--back and forth. I don't obsess over this process, just quickly do it once or twice a day. Within a week the cards are 'cured' of that popping sound that happens when you bend the entire deck in your hands. One could say well, this shouldn't happen in the first place if manufacturers took some pride, but I've had it happen even with nice card stock. The Ellis deck 2nd edition warped really bad for me, but I was able to whip it into shape :) I also recently went through this with the Chrysalis Tarot which IMHO has terrific card stock.

I really like Siolo's voice in the book. Friendly, low key and conversational, reminds me of Robin Wood's style. I wish she was a little more consistent though in explaining why she chose certain symbols. Some cards go into more detail than others on that score. The what looks like hebrew lettering on some of the cards for example would benefit from a little explanation.

Over all I like it a lot. Can see it becoming a classic for me. Beautiful; less is more at its best.

Terrapin

Ok it's time for me to eat crow. I've managed to cure the bowing in the my deck, but as others have pointed out, individual cards are warped in their own special individual ways and I can't seem to fix them. Every time I cut the deck, it cuts at the 4 of Swords wherever it happens to be in the deck. Ugh. Never had this problem with other Lewellyn decks. Sigh.

Citrin

I received mine yesterday and so far, having shuffled it a bit for fun, I haven’t noticed any issues. I do prefer the old Llewellyn cardstock though… I like thin cards. These are a bit thicker, but for some weird reason they feel cheaper? I like that they’re more matte, but don’t like how they tend to stick together… I wouldn’t say it’s very crappy cardstock (I’ve had worse!), but I do hope they go back to the old one.

agviz

...I like that they’re more matte, but don’t like how they tend to stick together… I wouldn’t say it’s very crappy cardstock (I’ve had worse!), but I do hope they go back to the old one.

Perhaps apply magician's fanning powder to the cards to get the cards to shuffle smoothly. I've found it very helpful with a number of decks. It does an amazing job on most sticky decks.

Linfang

Fool's Dog App

This deck is now available as an app. Might be interesting of people like me still waiting for the dispatch of the print version :)

Just downloaded it and started reading the companion book. So far, I like it.

ilweran

I've got the app, don't know what I feel about the deck I'm really in two minds about it (anyone who loves it feel free to enable :laugh:). I don't think I've ever been so undecided about a deck!

Sbcray

I'm loving this deck! I preordered it on Amazon months ago. I feel really thankful that I've experienced zero issues with the cards to know! *knock on wood * I just got the app as well because I can't help myself.

Essjay

I've just watched a wonderful one hour and twenty minute video on this deck on YouTube and the deck looks amazing. I really want it! Am not sure whether to do BD or trust that Amazon are right and will send it out on Wednesday. Decisions!

(Off topic but the Lenormand by the same artist looks like a beautiful companion to this deck).

BlueLotus

I've just received my kit, since I wasn't home until now; I am already in love with it, and contrary to my expectations, I have no issues with the card stock. I pre-ordered mine from Amazon and my order was processed prior to its official release date. I will be quite busy playing with it and reading the accompanying literature. :love: :heart: :love:

MissChiff

I have the 1st edition but I understand the book is really fabulous... Can anybody agree? Do you think I should wait?