Food Fortunes?

Morwenna

The sausages thing kind of made sense to me. It just looks like a hanged man, kinda, vaguely... I mean you have to allow yourself to see it. It's abstract, for sure.

But if you think of making a person out of (links of) sausages, a link for a foot, bend and then the calf, the next link is the thigh, a super fat sausage link for the trunk and then the upper arm, another link for the forearm, the hand. The same on the other side, somehow a link becomes the head and the trunk links are intertwined....

Yes, I thought too much about this haven't I. Tee hee hee

Hey, just like those balloon figures the clowns make for kids at parades! :D

Seriously, if there are only 3 suits plus majors, what's on the rest of the 78 cards?? :?:

gregory

There are 4 suits. One of them is drinks, so not a "course".

reall

4th suit may be salad or side dishes?:))

jema

I just got it, it was really cheap and looks cute and fun. Just a novelty deck though, it has very little of tarot in it. But fun!

Anise

yay!

Mine just came in today. I ordered it for the cute art and ridiculous premise, and it really is charming in person.

So the fourth suit actually was "sides", in addition to mains, drinks and sweets. I like everything about the deck. It's brightly colored and cheerful. The gigantic floating foods in scenic rural backdrops remind me of Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs. And the LWB is a keeper.

One thing, the cards are standard sized, but they feel more papery than, say, a USG deck. This might have been the deck you'd want shellacked to hell considering its main purpose? But I like it so much already, I will keep it on the kitchen table anyway.

Girl Archer

I just got my copy today and I adore the bright blue backs. :D

Can someone help me out with the suit associations?

Mains - Swords?
Sides - Wands?
Drinks - Cups (of that, I think I am sure)
Sweets - Pentacles?

Girl Archer

Although, now that I look at the images I am wondering if cups could be denoted either by Sweets or Drinks :confused:

Also, why doesn't the LWB contain a suit association chart or something? This was meant to be a tarot pack right, and not an oracle deck?

Anise

Although, now that I look at the images I am wondering if cups could be denoted either by Sweets or Drinks :confused:

Also, why doesn't the LWB contain a suit association chart or something? This was meant to be a tarot pack right, and not an oracle deck?

:p This hardly qualifies as any divination deck at my house (50% accuracy rate for predicting my dinners this week). This is a novelty if I ever saw one, but it really cheers me up whenever I pick it up.

I'd love to see someone make tarot associations though. Even before we get to the minors, most of the choices seem arbitrary. (Why couldn't VI be fish and chips, or PB&J? or V be the "The Holey One"?)

Girl Archer

:p This hardly qualifies as any divination deck at my house (50% accuracy rate for predicting my dinners this week). This is a novelty if I ever saw one, but it really cheers me up whenever I pick it up.

I agree, but it is such a cute happy deck, just like the Chibi tarot (shame that was a majors only deck) and I have done a few readings with, people have actually been impressed with this non-tarot fun and quirky deck.

I'd love to see someone make tarot associations though. Even before we get to the minors, most of the choices seem arbitrary. (Why couldn't VI be fish and chips, or PB&J? or V be the "The Holey One"?)

I agree, I'd think PB and J is anything but the Hermit. Maybe 6 of Cups or 2 of Cups even seeing as how they are two opposite substances but go along in such a perfectly complementary manner. I really do wish I knew the suit associations, because every time I get a Mains or some such card, it throws me off. I thought Mains = Swords because in the LWB, it shows a knife at the bottom of the page.

gregory

Oops - I just ordered it by accident. Literally. I had it bookmarked (I thought) as I was amused - I ordered a book (just fiction) I want on amazon - and it seems this was in my basket, not bookmarked. Fate has spoken. :joke: I can always sell it on !