Food Fortunes?

Laura Borealis

Hey Aeclectics!
I'm Josh, I wrote and illustrated Food Fortunes. I am so so so happy that there are people who are enjoying it.

Thank you to all of those that picked up a deck!
—Josh

Hello and welcome, Josh :livelong:

Take the sides for example. 2 of sides, criss - crossed strips of bacon. Definitely reminds me of Two of Swords but then, he has titled it The Constant.

Bacon is a constant of breakfast in many circles. :cool4:

Attachments

• breakfast in america.jpg
    breakfast in america.jpg
    163.1 KB · Views: 238

RobinGoodfellow

I have these cards, but just for novelty! I really love to cook and I also really love to read tarot. My initial plan upon buying them was to use some of my favorites from the deck to make a piece of framed wall art for my kitchen. I haven't gotten around to it yet, but I still think I will someday!

bonebeach

JUST got these and I'm excited to figure them out! I like the occasional deck that will only have a standard tarot structure if I impose one on it myself. Sometimes it gives you some interesting insights about a particular card that you wouldn't have otherwise, though often it doesn't. ;) Fun either way though.

I basically got these for the KING OF DRINKS and because I liked the artist's social media presence, honestly. And for general weirdness, I suppose...

Cocobird55

Nice to see you here, Josh

The deck looks like a lot of fun! it's nice to not take everything so seriously. Will order soon.

Mittkait

This deck is so silly, I love it.

The trumps are self explanatory.

This is how I read the sides.

Mains - Pentacles - Obviously the wealth of the meal.
Sides - Swords - Decisions about what you cook with the main. Of course, Salad is the meal for the Queen of Swords.
Drinks - Cups - Depending on the fluid it can make you very emotional.
Sweets - Wands - Because sweets are desire and they make people cross 6 lanes of traffic for them.

EmpyreanKnight

When I read the title, I snorted and mumbled "What would they think of next?" But when I checked it up, it was mesmerizing. Utterly glorious and nostalgic. Reminds me of the halcyon days of fast food and junk meals when I was in my teens.

And it is pretty inexpensive too. Mmmmmmmm.

rwcarter

This deck was briefly written about (2 or 3 paragraphs) in the Food & Wine section of my Sunday paper last week or the week before.

I like how you think Mittkait!

gregory

This deck is so silly, I love it.

The trumps are self explanatory.

This is how I read the sides.

Mains - Pentacles - Obviously the wealth of the meal.
Sides - Swords - Decisions about what you cook with the main. Of course, Salad is the meal for the Queen of Swords.
Drinks - Cups - Depending on the fluid it can make you very emotional.
Sweets - Wands - Because sweets are desire and they make people cross 6 lanes of traffic for them.
Right on. I think it's wonderful fun. We need a bit of fun :D

Maybe I will read with it about POTUS stuff... or Brexit. Hm...

Cocobird55

i need a treat. Think i'll order it.