Line strider Tarot

ana luisa

I just got mine yesterday, and am very disappointed to say that although I lovelovelove the art, the card stock is of poor quality. My King of Pentacles is permanently bent because it was stuck to the Queen Pents; I was very gentle in pulling them apart, but that didn't seem to matter.

I am in love with the deck, though, and it reads very well! It may just be one of those decks that is worth getting a second (just in case) copy.

That's too bad :( I wonder what the creator may feel to know that her outstanding art is being "trashed" by very poor quality stock... I, for one, will not have means to buy a second copy. I'll have to stick to the one I buy and lay the cards with tweezers :D

WhiteWolfy

I just got mine yesterday, and am very disappointed to say that although I lovelovelove the art, the card stock is of poor quality. My King of Pentacles is permanently bent because it was stuck to the Queen Pents; I was very gentle in pulling them apart, but that didn't seem to matter.

I am in love with the deck, though, and it reads very well! It may just be one of those decks that is worth getting a second (just in case) copy.

Try contacting the publisher - Is it Llewellyn? If it is email them and ask for a replacement card(s) to be sent, i'm sure they would oblige. I have asked for replacement cards on quite a few occasions (from different publishers) and they have all been sent :)

HearthCricket

I concur with what others are saying. This deck is lovely! The minimalistic artwork reminds me of the watercolour images in my copy of The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho and the closing credits of the LOTR movies. So ancient, mysterious, fey and lovely! I just received it yesterday and have done a few readings with it. Beautiful, accurate and flowing. I can't seem to keep my eyes off some of those images! The suit of Wands keeps coming up in my personal readings. Time to pay attention to those persistent messages!

I am, however, disgusted with the quality of the cardstock, and not overly excited about the paper of the book either. Pages have wrinkles. Cards are hard to shuffle (and I don't riffle shuffle my tarot decks), cheap cardboard feel, cards are severely warped/bowed. Does anyone know how to fix this?

I would love another copy and to get this one flat again so I can shuffle them decently. It is almost an impossible task. This artist deserves so much better. The deck is amazing. Haven't had a chance to really dig into the book yet though, but the wrinkles on pages may mean writing to the company for a replacement. So frustrating.

agviz

I'm thinking of getting this deck, but I'm debating if I should buy the mass market version because if the cardstock is all that bad it's a dealbreaker for me.

I'm not too familiar with how Indiegogo works; is it possible to buy the first version even though the campaign is over? And if so, can anyone compare the cardstock of the first and mm versions?

dannyboy8406

I concur with what others are saying. This deck is lovely! The minimalistic artwork reminds me of the watercolour images in my copy of The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho and the closing credits of the LOTR movies. So ancient, mysterious, fey and lovely! I just received it yesterday and have done a few readings with it. Beautiful, accurate and flowing. I can't seem to keep my eyes off some of those images! The suit of Wands keeps coming up in my personal readings. Time to pay attention to those persistent messages!

I am, however, disgusted with the quality of the cardstock, and not overly excited about the paper of the book either. Pages have wrinkles. Cards are hard to shuffle (and I don't riffle shuffle my tarot decks), cheap cardboard feel, cards are severely warped/bowed. Does anyone know how to fix this?

I would love another copy and to get this one flat again so I can shuffle them decently. It is almost an impossible task. This artist deserves so much better. The deck is amazing. Haven't had a chance to really dig into the book yet though, but the wrinkles on pages may mean writing to the company for a replacement. So frustrating.

That sounds like printer problems...I'd try returning it and seeing if you could get an exchange. Nothing new should be wrinkled and warped/bowed :s

Abyss

I am in the same boat, friend. My King of Pentacles is torn, chipped, and flaking at the corners - along with most of the Pentacles suit (my home suit, how sad).

It reads well though, clear and friendly but gentle enough for hard topics. The guidebook (which I don't usually read a whole lot) is also really lovely. But Yes, the cardstock is crap. That's the new Llewellyn cardstock, as of now though. So - sadly - no more of their decks for me until they change for a while. Guess it's back to my native land of Indie decks ;)

ldiddy

The independent edition of this deck is absolutely one of my favorites. I'm so disappointed to read about all of the production problems and quality issues. I feel terrible for Siolo. The artwork and design concepts of the deck are so well thought out and beautiful. To have them ruined by shoddy cardstock, etc. is a shame.

I have not purchased the mass market yet and now wonder if I ever will. Sounds like Llewelyn has had some major issues on it.

Le Fanu

Is this like any other Llewellyn cardstock? can anyone do a comparison with a recent deck? Steampunk? Victorian Fairy? The last deck of theirs which I bought was the Raven's Prophecy - cardstock was OK - not great - but not bent or chipped or anything.

I do seem to remember that some Llewellyn deck I have had did that clever "half-the-deck-arches-but the-other-half-doesn't" effect which drives me insane. Like the deck will always *cut* at the same card.

This for me is a huge dealbreaker. Decks which always cut at the same card :D

agviz

...I do seem to remember that some Llewellyn deck I have had did that clever "half-the-deck-arches-but the-other-half-doesn't" effect which drives me insane. Like the deck will always *cut* at the same card.

Oh man! I hate that too! At least it's good to know I'm not the only one who flips out over that! Aghhh!

HearthCricket

Is this like any other Llewellyn cardstock? can anyone do a comparison with a recent deck? Steampunk? Victorian Fairy? The last deck of theirs which I bought was the Raven's Prophecy - cardstock was OK - not great - but not bent or chipped or anything.

I do seem to remember that some Llewellyn deck I have had did that clever "half-the-deck-arches-but the-other-half-doesn't" effect which drives me insane. Like the deck will always *cut* at the same card.

For me, certainly much worse than say, Shadowscapes or Raven's Prophecy. I noticed a difference in card stock with the Animal Totem deck. Very warped, very cardboard and dry-like for lack of a better word. My Steampunk and Victorian Fairy are fine. This stock is just super cheap. There isn't any slickness to it, so it is also very hard to shuffle. And I don't mean overglossy like some oracles, or beautifully matte like some AGM ones. It just has a bizarre lack of any kind of finish, which would explain the chipping. It is like someone printed the cards on a chopped up thin cardboard box. :( I usually adore my Llewellyn decks, loving the way they have gone borderless lately on most of their decks. I am very disappointed.

Recently I took out some books at the library. Some were old Llewellyn books with pages yellow with age. But the paper quality was so amazing compared to the thin stuff they use now. A pity everything seems to be so cheaply made these days. Clothes, decks, books... It is driving me nuts and making me hold on to my older stuff dearly!