The English Magic Tarot

flipperjane

http://english-magic-tarot.blogspot.co.uk/

I know the three guys that have created this deck - they live in my village. I'm not sure that the style is exactly my thing but I do know that an incredible amount of time and love and energy has been put into it.

There's a fb page too - early days - I'm sure they'd love some support :)

This link gives a lot of detail about the deck (I'm not trying to flog it I promise - it's just for you to be able to read about the deck) as it's very interesting
https://www.amazon.co.uk/English-Ma...TF8&qid=1457442928&ref_=sr_1_1&s=books&sr=1-1

deb13b

I've been following rex on fb for quite a while as the idea of the deck intrigues me. But there's no pictures anywhere apart from the fool. And I can't buy a deck on the basis of one card. ( done it before, always a bad idea lol ). So I'll have to wait and see with this one.

deb13b

Just seen a few more on the publishers website.

earthair

It's a very nice concept. I hope we can see some more cards soon. :)

flipperjane

I've been following rex on fb for quite a while as the idea of the deck intrigues me. But there's no pictures anywhere apart from the fool. And I can't buy a deck on the basis of one card. ( done it before, always a bad idea lol ). So I'll have to wait and see with this one.
Rex used to put quite a few on fb as he was drawing them - I will see if I can find some.

Incidentally the fool looks exactly like Andy

Edit - I can't find any - I will message him and see if he can post anything on his fb page.

flipperjane

I just talked to Rex and he says watch this space (facebook) more photos will be going up over the next few weeks. So pop along and like the page The English Magic Tarot for photos and updates

Theta Choir

I wish them well with their deck, as I love seeing all kinds of decks succeed and find their way into the hands of people who connect with them.

Unfortunately, this deck is definitely not for me, mostly because of the substantially large vididly-colored borders. To me, borders that large simply serve to reduce the size of the image you are trying to work with.

I'm sure tarot creators must have their reasons for deciding to use large borders that reduce the size of their artwork, but every time I see such a deck I can't understand what those reasons could possibly have been. What possible benefit can come from having a large card with a small image? To me, it's like a painter only using the center of their canvas to paint in.

In any case, that's only my opinion, and it certainly doesn't detract from the fact that it is obvious that the creators have put a lot of time and effort into crafting their deck. I think anyone who sees a project like this through from conception to physical reality is amazing and is already a huge success in my book.

Morwenna

I like the looks of this! Must give it more in-depth consideration. :)