Legacy of the Divine Tarot

cirom

As I indicated in another thread. After two years of pretty much full time involvement I have finally finished this project. The deck itself won't be available for while yet, but it does exist.

As with my previous decks this one is based on the RWS, but I don't personally consider it to be a clone by any means. In fact I admit to taking considerable artistic license with many cards. But I trust that those personal variations will still be relevant from the tarot reading context.

I hope in fact that it will prove to be a good reading deck. In so far as I've attempted to make each card's image work hard in its own right. By that I mean that even were you to remove the title and not have a number of swords, cups etc that you can actually count on any given card, that card's imagery would still be clearly recognizable to anyone with basic familiarity of the RWS system. I think thats something that most decks fall short of, and I don't think I really achieved it for every card either, but that was my goal.

Anyway you can judge for yourselves. Th entire deck can be seen here in a slide show format.

http://www.ciromarchetti.com/Tarot&Zodiac-LEG.html

Intyale

I cannot wait for this deck. Easily my favorite out of all three.

Just a quick question, are you planning to place borders on the deck? I personally found the ToD borders to be a tad thick and distracting for me. (I get distracted easily. Ha.) Or are these images basically the final draft?

Nevertheless, I can certainly say this deck will definitely become one of my new mains. I thank you so much for all the hard work you've placed in your decks. All of them are so beautiful.

Cerulean

Neat to hear

I enjoyed seeing the development.

Hope it prospers as a fine legacy tarot.

I saw the trailer again and thought the final dancer was a glorious finish--wasn't she the inspirational start of the deck? Full circle then, enchanting....

Cerulean

P.S. Maybe you'll do a divination deck sometime...onward!

scottyramone

Amazing!

My new morning routine is to have a coffee and look at this deck. i just love it.i was a bit worried when it was not up for a bit, but its back! Cannot wait to have one in my hands.

I agree about the borders. i think they might take away from the beautiful art. the way you have them fade to black on your site looks really good to me.

Do you know what the backs will look like yet? are you going to use the ones you used in the video?

cirom

There are no decorative borders this time. The images fade to black as shown with these attachments of the Moon and the card backs.

Attachments

• 18LMmoon.jpg
    18LMmoon.jpg
    117.3 KB · Views: 624
  • LEGACY CARD BACK.jpg
    LEGACY CARD BACK.jpg
    132 KB · Views: 589

Onyx

cirom said:
There are no decorative borders this time. The images fade to black as shown with these attachments of the Moon and the card backs.

I also like the look of the card. I like the fading to black on the edges. It seem more like a memory that is clear in the middle but fuzzy or dark the further out you go.

Onyx.

Nina*

They are absolutely gorgeous, Ciro. Congratulations to you on finishing them... and to us on soon being able to get them.

scottyramone

The back are stunning!

I love it, I'm so excited to own this deck! Come on 2009!

BodhiSeed

This has got to be the most jaw-dropping, eyes-bugging, beautifully created deck I've ever seen. I'm so pleased with the "fade to black" borders too. 2009 won't get here fast enough for me!

Lexie

This deck is amazing Ciro, can't wait for it to be published :)