Orphalese Tarot Software

Aerin

Why not contact the author of the program, he is very patient and quick to reply whenever I mail him with a query. See http://www.orphalese.net/tarot/tarot_faq.htm for contact detail.

I have Windows 98 too, and haven't had any problems. It sounds to me as if you have the install file linked rather than the program itself to the icon. Maybe you installed the program in the same place as you put the setup file?? That might account for it.

Aerin

Hedera

I've tried that, but didn't get a response....
Might try again.

I know, I think it's probably something like that, but I don't know how to fix it.

I've tried letting the 'Wizard' installing it and doing it myself, with the same results.

Aerin

Hedera said:
I've tried letting the 'Wizard' installing it and doing it myself, with the same results.

Have you been uninstalling it first, and removing the relevant directories as well, then reinstalling it from the download?

It does sound strange.

Aerin

Hedera

Yes, I tried that. Same results.

Oh, and another question; of the spreads you can download, do you get any position meaning with those? I can find where they should be, and I can add my own position meanings, but there aren't any to start with.

Especially the ones for the Star and the Sword spreads I'm curious about!

purple_scorp

Hedera,
What happens when you right-click on the icon on your desktop?

Edited to add, to open Orphalese, you right click on the icon, then click on Open.

purple_scorp

Nitegoddess

I downloaded this and I am not too happy with it. I think for learning purposes maybe the Tarot Magic would be better since it talks to you. However, if you just want to play around with different scenarios and how the cards play out it may be good. I myself have to have the actual interaction with the cards.
Great site though. Thanks

Hedera

purple_scorp said:
Hedera,
What happens when you right-click on the icon on your desktop?

Edited to add, to open Orphalese, you right click on the icon, then click on Open.

purple_scorp

Tried that already; I get the usual row, with 'open' on top and 'properties' (or something; it's in Dutch, so it says 'eigenschappen') on the bottom.
But when I click 'open' that way, it does the exact same thing.

purple_scorp

Hi Hedera,

So, it's the dutch version you are trying to install? Hmm, I'm now wondering whether it's something in the dutch install? It would be interesting to see if you had similar problems with the English version?

purple_scorp

Hedera

No no, there's no Dutch version of the Orphalese that I'm aware of and even if there was, I would prefer the English; all my tarot decks, books etc are in English, having to think about it in Dutch would be confusing! ;)

What I meant was that my default Windows language settings are in Dutch, so most Windows messages and terms ('folder', 'delete', etc) are in Dutch.

I think I'm going to give up on the Orphalese for now.
Maybe I'll try downloading another updated version in a while, see if that goes any better.

(edited to add a few words I had forgotten - I type faster than I think sometimes! ;) )

purple_scorp

Hi Hedera.

It's so confusing trying to sort this out by forum....LOL... I've downloaded quite a few tarot software programs and I believe that Orphalese is the best value for money. So it's probably worth coming back to it at some stage.

I'm assuming that you downloaded and installed the other component Microsoft.Net software okay?

If you don't want to spend any more time on it now, please feel free to pm me if you need more help at a later stage.

Cheers
purple_scorp