Relationship combinations

StaceyS

Does anyone know what the combinations of Pluto and Pluto in the same sign (Virgo), and Neptue and Neptune in the same sign (Scorpio) means in terms of a relationship between two people?

dadsnook2000

Two strange bedfellows

There are a bunch of things to consider concerning Neptune and Pluto relative to a relationship.

First, these are generational or collective planets, not personal planets. By this I mean that personal or inner planets (Sun outward to Saturn) make frequent and short-lived aspects to each other -- measured in hours or days as a rule. Thus they bring dynamic change into our charts and lives. The outer planets (Uranus, Neptune, Pluto plus any Trans-Pluto or Uranian Hypotheticals) slowly move into and out of aspectual contact with each other -- measured in weeks, months and even years -- and manifest more in world events that develop and emerge over time.

Second, when a person's inner planets aspect an outer planet of theirs or of another then that planet's social or broader influences are integrated and expressed through the person's inner planet. For example, Neptune conjunct the Sun might indicate seeing a social cause as a personal interest or activity, or drive one to seek to clarify and objectify a dream or collective ideal -- I'll try to explain and justify the use of Marijuana for medical purposes to the US Congress so they'll change the federal drug laws.

Third, when a relationship is built upon or centered around aspectual links between Neptune and Saturn then there may be a problem. Alone, these two are not the right basis for most relationships. Together, these two could suggest a relationship in which one's ideals and motivations were shaped by the intensity and power drives of the other. Understanding the deeper under-pinnings of a social concept that one of the partners has would cause the other to become subserviant or blind to some aspects of life other than the primary cause that fueled the relationship. What would be truth, mystical belief, fantasy, leadership?

It is sometimes a life's challenge to integrate either of these two into a full and rewarding personality. It may be too big a challenge to cross-integrate these two within a couple's duality and individuality without a large sacrifice or common, persistent goal to pursue. Dave.

StaceyS

Thank you

Thank you Dave.

I was reading the interpretations in Mythic Astrology by Liz Greene (not sure how accurate or reliable they are), and there were no interpretations for those two combinations. Although some of the interpretations for other combinations within this relationship between myself and a gentleman friend almost seem to be on point with our personalities, etc. His Venus is with my Sun in Pisces, and his Sun is with my Ascendant in Capricorn. His Moon is with my Mercury in Aquarius, and my Moon is with his Pluto in Virgo. Both our Mercury's are in the same sign. Amazingly, this is a friendship which is beginning to develop into something more over a long period of time, and I just happened to find this book and do the cards to see what they said. I was actually quite surprised at how close the interpretations mirrored our actual personalities.

dadsnook2000

I now feel better . . .

StaceyS, I now feel better knowing that there are other significant aspects between your two charts.

Venus-Sun contacts are nice. You will value his ideas and help to shape them and express them -- like he's the big idea man and you're the interior decorator that make them real.

Sun-Asc contact: He will expect you to act as his representative, express his goals, ambitions and attitudes. He will always live up to the image you show of him to him. Interesting.

The Moon-Mercury and Mercury-Pluto contacts are a mixture of experiences. Can you explain his moods, will he be sensitive to everything you say? If you turn him on will he react with moderation or be overpowering. Gee, its almost like being a real couple -- some stuff is good, some is more trickey. No dull moments here. Of course, there is a lot more to compatibility and to life then a few quips about some chart tie-ins. Best wishes. Dave.