Konraad's Past Life Spread pt. 1

Thirteen

Re: Re: Re: Help?

Hey, glad to be of help!

Royal Cat said:
I would love to know how I can expand upon the information provided in this spread and learn more. Do you have any suggestions?

Konraad has a spread called "Karmic Closeup" which can be used after the Past Life spread to give the reader an idea of what you were suppose to lean in this past life.

Like this:

****6*5****
*****7*****
*4*3***2*1*

It's a triangle shape. 1&2 in the lower right corner, 3&4 in the left hand corner, 5&6 as the peak of the triangle and 7 in the center.

Unlike the past lives, this spread (as I gather) can use all the cards and reversals (not that you can't use reversals in the past life as well if you like).

Meanings are:
1 = Destiny: Outer manifestation of the life
2 = Self: Inner purpose of the life
3 & 4 = Major Influences: Shaping forces of the life
5 = Involution: Direction of the soul's journey in the life
6 = Evolution: Destination the soul reached in the life
7 = Karmic balance Sheet: Main lesson to be learned in the present life

My thoughts on these are as follows (might be wrong, but Konraad is a little fuzzy about them--like "Destiny" and such)--
1 = what you did in the past life, what your destiny was, to be or do--what the world wanted you to do or be in that life.
2 = what your personal, inner purpose was, what you personally wanted to do or be--even if you didn't get there.
3 & 4 = Major Influences that shaped that past life; people, events, discoveries, tragedies, etc.
5 = Involution = where the soul was aiming toward in life, it's destination (as compared to personal goal--what the soul wanted to achieve?).
6 = Evolution = where it got--did it get to--did it reach its destination, or end up somewhere else entirely?
7 = Karmic balance sheet = what you didn't learn in the past that you should learn in this life. What you didn't get done in that past life that you still need to get done.

Anyway, give this a try while concentrating on that past life and see what you end up with.

Royal Cat

Thanks so much. I plan to try this spread tonight if I have time. :)

Cat

P.S. I think I'll also try a Past Life reading together with my husband and see what comes up. :) Now that I have a better idea of how to read the Thrones I think it will be fascinating to see where similarities and differences arise.

Royal Cat

Thirteen, I posted the results of the Karmic Close up on a new thread in the reading section titled: Past Life reading "Karmic Close-up"

I also did a past life reading with my husband and wanted to just post a few comments on it. I'll spare you the lengthy description and card layout for throne's 1-3, suffice it to say, they were accurate and very interesting. :) Here are the cards for my husband for Throne 4 - Past Life

**Ace of Coins** (coins=unhappy)
High Priestess**Lovers**Hierophant**Judgement**Hanged Man**Sun**Devil**Star

I found this most interesting because the cards: Heirophant, High Priestess, Hanged man and Devil also showed up in this throne for my Past Life. Where he has Judgement, I have Justice. And, The High Priestess and Hierophant are reversed for his spread. Hmmm... It looks as though that 'change in power' that showed up in my spread made quite an effect on his life as well. The unhappiness seems to me to be more of a feeling of 'unfulfillment and disappointment... perhaps things just didn't go the way he hoped. As lovers, we faced similar challanges, but seem to have come out hopeful, and with a new view on life, in the end. Do you have any thoughts on these cards to add? I really appreciate all the input and help you've given. :)

Cat

Moongold

Thanks, Thirteen

I have printed your reading and will look at it in detail this afternoon. It looks very interesting but will get back to you soon.

Moongold

Thirteen

Royal Cat said:

**Ace of Coins** (coins=unhappy)
High Priestess**Lovers**Hierophant**Judgement**Hanged Man**Sun**Devil**Star

I found this most interesting because the cards: Heirophant, High Priestess, Hanged man and Devil also showed up in this throne for my Past Life. Where he has Judgement, I have Justice. And, The High Priestess and Hierophant are reversed for his spread. Hmmm... It looks as though that 'change in power' that showed up in my spread made quite an effect on his life as well. The unhappiness seems to me to be more of a feeling of 'unfulfillment and disappointment... perhaps things just didn't go the way he hoped. As lovers, we faced similar challanges, but seem to have come out hopeful, and with a new view on life, in the end.

Wow. Very similar. I think you're reading on this is dead on. Remember that coins may not be "unhappy" so much as "unlucky." Given the sun, he might well have been "happy," but the devil interfered there, and he was just, sadly, unlucky. But as you said, that bad luck didn't get him down. Hopeful to the end.

Moongold

Hi Thirteen,

Thank you very much for the interpretation.

I am so happy that you have done this because I am a little shaky on it

The comment on my childhood experience is fairly accurate. The cards did not reveal anything about my mother at all, yet she was always a critical figure in my life. I put a lot of effort into restoring our relationship in the years and months before she died. Perhaps that is why she no longer appears.

Another idea that has occurred to me over the last few days is that the issue I might have to let go of in the past is something to do with the male figures - the Emperor. I had to laugh when this figure appeared. My brother and father are so similar, they could almost be the one person! There has been/is little love there; in fact, there has been a real coldness.

It was interesting to to read your interpretation of my career, because I was a little stuck there, not seeing it as the present. I have had a good career but have not been happy in the current position. My former boss has just left and the Acting Manager in her place is the perfect characterization of the Hierophant. He is younger than I but I like him immensly as a Boss, He has been great to work with and is gradually repairing some of the damage the female manager left with us all. Initially I thought of the Tower might mean that everything would come crashing down on me but that has not happened. The position was like a prison, with the former boss keeping us all very much in control. The tower could represent all of that blowing apart.

You are right about the social justice thing and your comment about the importance of 'fairness' to me is absolutely on the mark.

The analysis of my relationship is fairly correct but a bit kind to me. I should end the relationship - have a couple of times - but we keep getting back together and I am in a really stuck situation. Not good for either of us and I sometimes feel that it would be kinder for me to end it completely this time. It is really hard to do and a constance surce of guilt and stress for me. Material for another reading?

The past life analysis is fascinating, Thirteen, and I need to reflect on it a little. If I was the Charioteer, I presume I was male, right? Were there Bodicea type women around then? LOL. I can't tell you how significant some of what you have inferred is and I really need to think about it. I can see some repeating themes here. The High Priestess appears often in my personal Tarot readings. Who is the Devil and when will he show himself again? I would not have know where to begin with the 4th Throne understanding

Thank you once more, Thirteen. You have left me with a lot to think about. It is really worth getting someone independent to look at these sorts of things.

Warmest regards,

Moongold

Moongold

Re: Re: Re: Re: Help?

Thirteen said:
Hey, glad to be of help!

Konraad has a spread called "Karmic Closeup" which can be used after the Past Life spread to give the reader an idea of what you were suppose to lean in this past life.

Like this:

****6*5****
*****7*****
*4*3***2*1*

It's a triangle shape. 1&2 in the lower right corner, 3&4 in the left hand corner, 5&6 as the peak of the triangle and 7 in the center.

Unlike the past lives, this spread (as I gather) can use all the cards and reversals (not that you can't use reversals in the past life as well if you like).

Meanings are:
1 = Destiny: Outer manifestation of the life
2 = Self: Inner purpose of the life
3 & 4 = Major Influences: Shaping forces of the life
5 = Involution: Direction of the soul's journey in the life
6 = Evolution: Destination the soul reached in the life
7 = Karmic balance Sheet: Main lesson to be learned in the present life

My thoughts on these are as follows (might be wrong, but Konraad is a little fuzzy about them--like "Destiny" and such)--
1 = what you did in the past life, what your destiny was, to be or do--what the world wanted you to do or be in that life.
2 = what your personal, inner purpose was, what you personally wanted to do or be--even if you didn't get there.
3 & 4 = Major Influences that shaped that past life; people, events, discoveries, tragedies, etc.
5 = Involution = where the soul was aiming toward in life, it's destination (as compared to personal goal--what the soul wanted to achieve?).
6 = Evolution = where it got--did it get to--did it reach its destination, or end up somewhere else entirely?
7 = Karmic balance sheet = what you didn't learn in the past that you should learn in this life. What you didn't get done in that past life that you still need to get done.

Anyway, give this a try while concentrating on that past life and see what you end up with.

Hello dear Colleagues,

I decided to give this a go as I have a sense of urgency about this now for myself. As I speak, I can hear the irony in the words. How am I going to solve some lifetime's mysteries in a few days? Typical Wand approach isn't it? LOL quietly.

Anyway, this is what I drew, and this is my brief interpretation. Cards were drawn in order according to the triangle outlined above:

1. 6 cups
2. Lovers
3. Empress
4. 7 Pentacles
5. 3 Swords
6. High Priestess
7. Ace of Pentacles

The previous Konraad spread and this one too have indicated that I had a very happy childhood in my past life times (6 Cups) and that perhaps I wanted and also had a very happy relationship or love affair. I have pursued that kind of relationship all this present life and at times have had glimpses of it but maybe there is something I have yet to learn. I have certainly had that kind of relationship in a spiritual sense. The High Priestess appeared in my first Konraad reading in a past life and had a relationship with the Charioteer, who was also present (along with the Devil) it seems.

Major influences (Empress and 7 Pentacles). Again a kind of happiness and fulfilment born of hard work and living in the present, enjoying the small gifts and richness of daily life. This is a theme I am trying to reconnect with in my present life. Is this an ideal, or did it actually happen? I am not sure. Most of the women in my family have lived like this in the present lifetime.

Where my spirit was aiming and what did it actually do? (3 Swords and High Priestess). I am not sure about this. Was I really a Priestess or spiritual person who had a love affair and became attached to the things of the earth? Or did I forget my spiritual wellbeing and suffered as a consequence of this? The High Priestess appears frequently in my personal readings now. I did chase the spiritual life in my teens, almost becoming a nun, but really was too young and had no idea of real spirituality. Then I embarked on a few years of madness as many young people do. I have had to 'suffer' in this life to get some understanding of this. There has been serious illness and significant grief through unexpected family trauma.

Karmic balance sheet. What I didn't learn in the past and need to learn in this life. Ace of Pentacles. Well this is consistent with the earlier themes. Is it about the magic and beauty in the ordinary everyday world and how I need to engage with these now in a renewed and genuinely humble way? Do I need to learn that the Gateway to happiness and real spirituality lies through a reconciliation with the realities of my daily life? The ideals and purity of the High Priestess have to be integrated with this simple life? I bought the Osho Zen Tarot on Friday evening and these cards have been emphasizing this to me as well.

Well, back from this reverie, this has been a really enlightening and challenging process for me and new thoughts slip into my mind when I least expect them. The most interesting ones happen just when I'm getting up, as though the unconscious has been processing them and then throw s them gently into the present reality.

Thanks for all the help that is available in these pages.

Moongold

Thirteen

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Help?

Moongold said:

1. 6 cups
2. Lovers
3. Empress
4. 7 Pentacles
5. 3 Swords
6. High Priestess
7. Ace of Pentacles

I think you're right in your interpetaton of the first two cards, however, on 3/4...

Major influences (Empress and 7 Pentacles). Again a kind of happiness and fulfilment born of hard work and living in the present, enjoying the small gifts and richness of daily life. This is a theme I am trying to reconnect with in my present life. Is this an ideal, or did it actually happen? I am not sure. Most of the women in my family have lived like this in the present lifetime.

These are influences--and it seems that those women in your family have greatly influenced you with their patience (both 7 pentacles/Empress) and the way they tend to others, both physically and emotionally. They always gave, they never took, and they had very fruitful results.

Where my spirit was aiming and what did it actually do? (3 Swords and High Priestess).

Your spirit was aiming toward sacrifice and freedom from affairs of the heart (in other words, you were ORIGINALLY aiming, as with the "nun" idea, to be spiritually free of that most earthly of all ties, the romance)--also to free yourself of any poison in your heart--to be pure of thought and deed and word.

What you got instead, was the HP--which is knowledge, insight, a much deeper understanding of life's mysteries and a certain level of power.

Karmic balance sheet. What I didn't learn in the past and need to learn in this life. Ace of Pentacles.

I agree with your interpetation of this. Your tendency is to look always up, never down at the earth beneath your feet. You need to understand your body, the joys of physcial being, etc.

Does that help?

Moongold

Hi Thirteen,

Yes, your comments are pretty right, I reckon.

Isn't it strange, the things that one has to go through to learn? If I could consciously learn the things tht I need to in this life, it would be good.

Thanks for all your help with this. Much appreciated.

Moongold

Thirteen

Hey--I'd like to add that I made a minor mistake with the "influences"--they're not present influences, but those that were in the past. I suspect, all the same, that they were exactly the same influences ;) Those giving, patient women look to have been there in your past life as well as present, offering the same, supportive, but firm (7/pentacles--tough out the winter and wait for spring harvest!) influence.