World+Death, 8 of Wands

FreedomBird

Hey all,

Just did a reading for someone about an important event. It was the CC spread.

Here's the cards in the positions that I want to talk about, with my interps:

1st position: The World
2nd position: Death

Immediately I read these together. My gut feeling was a big change, leaving something behind. Sort of like a snake shedding off it's old skin to get to the good new stuff. Whatever was happening right now, it was incredibly important.

3rd position: Two of Cups

I was surprised to see this card here. In this position, I view it as a "instant connection! Your emotions were love right from the start!" and I guess I'm not as surprised by that given what the Querent said but more by the fact it appeared. Reassurance, I guess?

6th position: 8 of Wands

When I saw this in this position, I immediately stopped and went, "Wait, how big of a change we talking?" I was surprised to see so many change cards in one spread.

Background to help you on your interpretations:

This was in particular asking about a relationship. Both the Querent and the other party were drawn to each other, they were complimenting each other and talking about dreams but knew they couldn't be in a relationship quite yet. Both parties were holding back until a specific thing was able to occur. [Won't discuss more about it because it's personal to the parties involved.] This specific thing has now occurred, and the Querent is asking about what will happen to the relationship regarding that.

What I answered (given the entire spread and what I saw at the time):

"Well, it seems as if something important is going to happen to you both. I can tell that because of the delay in your relationship you grew as a person, and likely so did the other party. I would say that even though the connection was instant, the two of you both knew you weren't ready for the relationship. But now, I think the cards are saying you are. There's no delay here. No blockage you described earlier. You two can move forward now, but use caution and think about what you're doing before leaping headfirst."

ana luisa

Not knowing much about the specifcs, what I can tell is that to me, the most important cards are 1 and 2. The World points to something complete and finished. Death ALSO talks about finishing and changing so it is possible that that "event" you mentioned was an end of some sort which will push both of them to new directions and likely, very fast. Even if this is not a romance reading (though it feels like it) the 2 of cups in the 3 position show that this relationship has a good chance of working out for both are in synch and give equal amounts of emotional input and/or are equally commited.

Just my 2 cents. (btw, it would be nice to see the other cards especially card 10)

FreedomBird

Not knowing much about the specifcs, what I can tell is that to me, the most important cards are 1 and 2. The World points to something complete and finished. Death ALSO talks about finishing and changing so it is possible that that "event" you mentioned was an end of some sort which will push both of them to new directions and likely, very fast. Even if this is not a romance reading (though it feels like it) the 2 of cups in the 3 position show that this relationship has a good chance of working out for both are in synch and give equal amounts of emotional input and/or are equally commited.

Just my 2 cents. (btw, it would be nice to see the other cards especially card 10)

I agree. The world and Death cards told me right away that something was going to change. I like how you worded it, "push them both to new directions." Though I think it was push them to new directions together.

I'm glad to hear the 2 of Cups meaning that this relationship has a good chance of working out and that they're both giving equally. I'll be sure to pass that one to the Querent.

I want to focus primarily on the cards I gave but I can say that Card 10 was the Hierophant. Perhaps that will help people in their responses?

[[This also was primarily a romance reading.]]

Thanks for your help! :)

--
ETA: The Hierophant in Card outcome position suggested to me that things will start becoming normal and regular as opposed to their abstract "what are we" relationship.