Reconciliation reading but suggestive of pregnancy? AofP, Empress, Sun as future

jberries

Hi - I completed a reading last night, for myself, on if my partner and I would get back together. We separated this weekend and it was a very amicable split. I did the reading mostly out of curiosity. I used the Celtic Cross spread and all of the cards, in their positions, accurately described the issue, the past, the basis of the matter, and the present. The near future card was the Ace of Pentacles. The cards in positions 7, 8, and 9 appeared to make sense as well, though these are always a little more difficult for me to interpret. The outcome card was The Empress. I also asked for clarification of the outcome, hoping to narrow some of my thoughts, and that card was The Sun.

I initially interpreted the Ace of Pentacles to mean that something would begin to grow, like our relationship, in the near future. I understood the cards that followed to accurately capture my own issues and the environment. The Empress card, as the outcome, I read to be a positive outcome in general; I would become happier and more nurturing, either of myself or in the relationship. Either interpretation sat well with me, but I was curious which one it meant (me or the relationship), so I clarified it and The Sun appeared. I was happy to see The Sun, but I needed some help understanding what it meant in connection with The Empress. I started reviewing online interpretations and the message boards here and came across discussions about how these cards can mean pregnancy. I began to wonder if the Ace of Pentacles actually means a new life is growing and The Empress shows the birth. The Sun, clarifying The Empress, affirms the birth.

It's been nagging at me all day. Since it's too soon to test, I decided to ask the Tarot a yes/no question: Am I pregnant? I got the Fool.

Any thoughts?

cSpaceDiva

I think...you could be right. You are probably in a better position to determine if this is plausible/probable than anyone else. In fact, the Ace of Pentacles as new life seems like a better explanation to me than the relationship growing, because I don't know that an Ace would represent getting back together for me. With all the majors, Empress, Sun, Fool, it does seem like something big is on the horizon for you.

In summary, I can these cards representing:
Ace of Pentacles - new life, new little seed growing
Empress - Pregnancy, motherhood
Sun - Childbirth, new little baby
Fool - I do have an interpretation, but you are supposed to say what you think it means first (rules) before I can tell you how I would read it.

I was trying to think of alternate explanations, but nothing is sparking for me. Do you mind if I ask what deck you used?

Regardless, I hope things work out for the best, whatever that is for you.

jberries

Thanks for your thoughts! In terms of The Fool, my interpretation is split. My first thought was "what a fool!" and then I remembered that the card meant starting a new journey into something not quite known; I always imagine The Fool going into a place where he cannot see where his feet land, with little fear. I know I'll find out soon enough.

I used RW for the reading, but I also use the Angel Tarot. I typically don't differentiate between decks because I use the general themes that are present in the cards. I haven't had much luck dissecting images on cards on different decks.

In terms of other interpretations, perhaps the cards just mean that something new will begin, something that is grounded and concrete, and ultimately, I will be better for it. Perhaps it will be reconciliation or perhaps it will be because of the relationship we had.

Of course, being pregnant is not out of the question, either. Things will unfold as they will.

Aidan

As far as I understand the ace of pents, its about a NEW beginning. I am writing new in capital letters, because i see this card opposed to your question, about you and your partner getting back together. I would interpret the cards this way:
Ace of pents: you will start a new relationship, and its mostly a sexual thing.
The empress: still about sexuality and love, this card is as well the archetypical mother.
The sun: you will enjoy life, also social life. (Maybe more partners, no stable relationship but fun. Its a bit far fetched, but it just came to my thought)

Pregnency to my opinion is still possible, the combination of AoP and the empress IS drastic... and in my expirience drastic readings in crucial situations tend to come true.

A question from me: were all the questions you asked the cards of the yes/no type (like: will we get together?)
Because tarot doesnt work that way...

Laurelle

The Ace of Pentacles represents a new beginning with someone else. The Empress clarified by the Sun means that you will be in a position of feeling really good about yourself and this new relationship could possibly bring about the best of yourself.

I do not see pregnancy at all in this reading.

I also think the Fool was telling you it was a silly question to ask.

Edit: The Fool is also about new beginnings. It's also about being comfortable with yourself in the NOW moment. It's about new paths. It's also a card for single people.

Scorpiest

I think the Fool card is saying, "you need to relax and play things by ear. Let nature take it's course." A fool could also indicate an unplanned pregnancy, perhaps.

To be honest, it's a little unclear how you asked the question of the deck. If you were asking whether you and your partner would remain in a relationship (or what the relationship will look like in the future), that's feels like one question to me. Pregnancy seems like an entirely different question. Sometimes I think readings can be muddled when multiple questions are being asked. That's just me. I wouldn't ask that much of one reading. Then again, I'm not particularly fond of the Celtic Cross for that reason. If I was a more experienced reader, I might have a more sophisticated answers for you.

cSpaceDiva

The Fool.

The Fool doesn't know what is coming. Even if he knows he's stepping over the edge, just like you said, he doesn't know where he's going to land. Life could be about to change in a big way. (You don't say if you already have kids, so it's just an assumption on my part that you don't).

Since you are the subject of the reading, I tend to give weight to your intuition, unless I see something that contradicts it. Here I don't see anything to contradict it. Also, we don't know the rest of the reading, but I don't see anything that tells me if you will reunite with your partner, find a new love, or go it on your own. But the Empress/Sun at the end of your reading convey a positive outcome--one where you have agency and happiness. Just want to add too, that even if those cards DO mean pregnancy, it might not mean that you are pregnant NOW. So in that context the Fool could be a warning to be careful if that's not what you want.

Grizabella

The Empress, the Fool and the Sun are all cards that can mean pregnancy. I find that groups of cards work for me better than single cards for big questions like a pregnancy. If you had drawn the Page of Cups, too, those are the four pregnancy cards for me.

But then you have to also consider that a situation can be "pregnant with possibility" and other little quips that could apply.

jberries

Aidan

Thanks for your thoughts, Aidan! I agree with you, that the Ace of Pentacles could mean a new beginning. This whole reading is taking me in three different directions. I don't recall my exact question - it could've been a yes/no, but I typically stay away from yes/no questions for broader readings. So I imagine I likely asked, "What will happen between he and I?"

jberries

Thanks, Laurelle!

I appreciate your perspective. I had wondered at the Ace of Pentacles, with its theme of the seed of something new already being planted and in a non-abstract way. Maybe I'll share this reading in the other section, so all of the cards can be shown.