new Dorothy Morrison tarot book

Keslynn

I know there was a seperate thread on the Llewellyn new releases but it kinda got taken over by the other book. Anyhow, I just wanted to let everyone know that a fairly in depth review of the Dorothy Morrison book is now up on Tarot Passages. It sounds a lot different than the other one. (I'm forgetting the author's name) But I guess it all depends on what you're looking for. I wish I had money to buy new tarot books. *pout*

:) Kes

Ophiel

I saw this book, and for what my opinion is worth, I didn't think this book was worth much. It had formulas for all sorts of spells. I didn't see any respect for the reader/user, any trust that the user could create his/her own ritual.

Perhaps the other spell book is "Tarot Spells" by Janina Renee? I don't know that book.

Donald Kraig has a new book out (threads exist on this one, too) that puts the creative element of defining a ritual with tarot right in the user's hands. I have some problems with a few chapters in this one, but think this is a far more absorbing study of tarot and magick, avoiding the cookbook formula style.

However, some prefer simple, readily available rituals. I've never been known to walk down the well-beaten path of popular books and music.

Woe is me.

Keslynn

Kraig! That's it. That's the other book I was referring to. My memory is getting slowly frozen away.

:) Kes

angelwhispers

Don't have the nerve to bend the cards

I have the Everyday Tarot Magic by Dorothy Morrison and was looking forward to using it till I started reading through some of her spells. Alot of them call for you to bend, write on, glue cards together, and even sew some together. While I do have a seperate deck I use for tarot spells I still have no desire to deface or crumble any of them. So I might just use the book as a guide for my own spells where I keep my cards intact ;)