Tarot Lovers Calendar

Major Tom

You still have a chance. Last orders ladies and gentlemen please! :laugh: Orders for the 2003 edition will be taken through 31 January for delivery in February. })

The calendar for 2003 is excellent and worth every penny - and you don't have to take just my word for it. :laugh: This was certainly a community effort and everyone of you can be proud.

The 2004 edition is going to be much better. And this is why I've started this thread. I want to hear your views. Do you have a review of this year's edition? Let's hear it. Do you have a suggestion or would you like to contribute to the 2004 edition? Let's hear it. Go on - tell me what you think! :laugh:

As a starting point and for your edification: The calendar for this year cost £12.36 to print. It cost you £15 plus shipping.

Personally, I think I didn't really have enough time to get the word out - but that won't be a problem this year. :laugh: Practice makes perfect. ;)

jmd

Great to see this thread!

Personally, I would prefer that the calendar comes with the hole drilled - I realise that it has been said that it would add to the cost, but each one of us drilling holes is taking a risk I prefer to avoid: what if I wreck it!

The quality of the print and the paper size and weight you used are terrific. As are the main sections above the 'calendar' proper (the cards &c depicted).

Another addition which may be included is, possibly, a one-line peotic expression for the month in question (mind you, keep in mind that January, for some of us, is around 40 degrees Celsius, and definitely not Winter). Likewise, keep those equinox and solstice dates as just that (without the words 'winter/summer'). The reader will surely know which season they are in!

As most of us observe different kinds of festivals, I would prefer these left out - each of us can add the ones of importance to us. For example, you place Imbolc (Oimelc) on the first of February, (in peek summer, mind you!), where I place it, for the northern hemisphere, at 15° Aquarius (ie, 5th of Feb.).

With the first (and last) quarters of the Moon, again note that the Moon sigil facing thus: ' )' may be the northern waxing sign, but it is our waning. The quarters of the Moon occur at the same time around the Earth, but you northern hemisphere dwellers see it upside-down! ;)

Anyhow - it is a wonderful calendar, and may sound rather harsh in what are really minor points. In a nutshell, and for my tastes, I would remove various listings or festivals in the dates section, though include the common astronomical ones (which are, of course, celebrated in varied forms) - such as the lunar quarters (without sigils for the first and last), the solstices and equinoxes, and the peri- and ap- helions.

... and please take this as merely my opinion - it remains your creative output!

Umbrae

Folks, the 2003 calendar is wonderful.

If you don’t have one…I urge you to get one.

A wonderful collection of spreads and decks by Aeclectic participants.

I enjoy the fact that the moon phases are set for the northern hemisphere – because that’s where I live.

I like the holiday and festivals – I like a calendar that has ALL Christian, Jewish, and Islamic holidays, in addition to pagan holidays.

I like the fact it has no hole drilled in it. Holes are always the too small or too large. I hang my calendars with a bulldog clip (Big Black Springy thingies).

Excellent paper, excellent printing…worth every penny spent.

Looking forward to an ’04!

If you don’t have one yet…you need to get one.

:smoker:

(Don't listen to JMD)
lol

jmd

... a bulldog clip! Fantastic idea - amazing how simple tools which one doesn't use at times don't even enter one's mind (or mine at any case!)

And by all means, I too recommend obtaining a copy. The calendar is wonderful - I didn't realise my comments implied otherwise!

tarotbear

Actually, I think that information 'text' should not travel from one month to the next so that when you look at the 'page' for January, the info being explained should not 'finish' on the February page. Things should be encapsulated a little better or edited to fit, if necessay so that each month is 'complete' unto itself.

The bulldog clip is an excellent idea. I use one because one of the calendars I have has such a small hanging hole that the hook on the wall doesn't fit in it!

SherryZoned

Ok..so you could have the very back page..an ad page..Here me out before you cringe lol

What i meant is the very last page...is have maybe a 2x2 square of member sites or reading sites...people could buy that tiny space for like 10 dollars..this would give you money for printing and i think it would be cool..cuz i like to look at what other people are offering...Each space shall be the same size that way everyone gets a fair shot.

lunalafey

now what would that be costing those in the US???
Major Tom, it sounds like you have spent much time and research for your calandar....your profits...minimal....a labor of love??? Where are you circulating your calander besides here at AT?
It's too bad that my calandars end up useless since they tend to remain on the month of January for the whole year....lol...
Having not seen your calandar, do you have a spread of the month???

Rhiannon

Hi MT!

I'm really looking forward to next year's calendar, I had alot of fun helping with the 2003 one.

A few suggestions I have:
Maybe have little graphics for holidays or moon phases. Or if not, then maybe make those pariticular blocks on the calendar a different color.

Include birthdays of those who help build the calendar ( i know you tried) or maybe of people on the forum in general if there is enough room.

RedWood's suggestion of ad space is interesting....

And of course, dependent on everyone else who wishes to participate... new unpublished cards! Or if it's possible, images from SACT II. So, my biggest suggestion is for everyone who wants to help: get to work on a tarot deck of your own, so we have even more beautiful cards to include next year!

R :)

edited to add: I had a thought! ( I know, I know... you're so proud!) }) We should separate the part of this thread about next year's calendar so that people know we are asking for help with it. Maybe call it "Help needed for Tarot Calendar 2004" or something. We may get more responses that way.

Jewel

Hi Major Tom! First of all, I LOVE the 2003 calendar! You just have no clue how appreciative I am of you and other Aecleticians having undertaken this project.

As for suggestions for next year's calendar:

1. I agree with Tarotbear reagrding no traveling text from month to month. I like to look at the month and have everything I need there.

2. Use some cards from the FACT and SACT (if you like my SACT card once it is posted you are welcome to use it ... and I certainly will not be offended if you do not want to use it, simply offering it).

3. Use less cards per page so the images can be larger and they can be seen bigger.

4. I also like all the holidays set for the Northern Hemisphere as it helps me keep track of them and prepare for them (sorry JMD :D)

As for how I could help ... well you tell me what you need. I do not know all that goes into the process so I am not sure how I could help. I might be of some help editing text, but I know we have some individuals here at Aeclectic much more qualified that I am at this. But like I said, you just let me know how I can help you and we can take it from there.

Again, thanks for taking this on ... think we can plan for a Tarot Date Book for 2005? ... *LOL* (actually I was not kidding)