Decks You Wish You Hadn't Bought?

Bhavana

My 17 year old daughter chose this when I bought her first deck, it was new out, she loved it. I have one I got in a trade but havent really looked too closely.

I love your statement above.... it made me feel all melancholy for the summers on my youth.... like young pre 20's youth ;o)

yes, it's those same years for me - disco was over, but Madonna and grunge had yet to hit us... Just good ole' rock n roll, and yes, Fleetwood Mac was part of that. I was young, and the future was big, and still full of possibilities. But what I despised about the time was the fashion - you young girls have it so good, the way any look is cool today - but back then, it was tight designer jeans with heels and feathered hair and none of that look was good on me. I preferred the long, soft, feminine hippie blouses and skirts from India, like in the Crystal Visions deck, and wore my hair loose and flowing.

I think the deck appeals to young girls today because of the colors, and the fact that they are only a hop and a skip away from those days when their entire world revolved around Disney Princesses. And you know, I USE my Crystal Visions deck. I don't know why, but I do. So I can't quite call it a regret, can I?

Winterchild

yes, it's those same years for me - disco was over, but Madonna and grunge had yet to hit us... Just good ole' rock n roll, and yes, Fleetwood Mac was part of that. I was young, and the future was big, and still full of possibilities. But what I despised about the time was the fashion - you young girls have it so good, the way any look is cool today - but back then, it was tight designer jeans with heels and feathered hair and none of that look was good on me. I preferred the long, soft, feminine hippie blouses and skirts from India, like in the Crystal Visions deck, and wore my hair loose and flowing.

I think the deck appeals to young girls today because of the colors, and the fact that they are only a hop and a skip away from those days when their entire world revolved around Disney Princesses. And you know, I USE my Crystal Visions deck. I don't know why, but I do. So I can't quite call it a regret, can I?

Using a deck is a great honour to that deck....imho!!
I never did fashion...... I was one who never has and never will subscribe.... I used to wear clothes from Oxfam, usually mens and usually way too big... But I know what you mean.... I do envy kids today for many reasons, but then in other ways.....I regret the innocence of my youth...I wish my kids had that.

Parenting today is tougher than its ever been, as a single mother I consider myself blessed to have raised 2 girls to adulthood who are not, pregnant, addicted to drugs or alcohol or in some other poor way. I still have a son and daughter with me, and the youngest daughter who is not yet 12 is proving way more of a challenge.....

I have given all my kids Tarot Decks!!

To keep this on topic, I was wishing I hadnt bought The Witches... very much so, but I am coming round now!! Maybe I will get to like the Crystal Visions or maybe I will try to entice my youngest to swap it for my Halloween deck back..which I foolishly gave her!!!

tarot heart

The Book of Shadows Tarot...arrived with damaged cards but over and above that I couldn't stand the artwork.

Anyone who knows me also knows tarot is all about the artwork for me. This deck was hideous and I had to send it back to get it out of my house. :(

Tarot dance

Mine is the Osho Zen Tarot…I had wanted this deck for years, kept putting off buying it and then finally broke down…I am so disappoint, it’s definitely not for me…(I am hoping to trade it...)

The Lord of the Rings
The Hobbit Tarot

I am now hoping they will become collector’s decks. They are impossible to read unless you have a serious knowledge of the books…

Enchanted Tarot – Farber…The deck is just too soft for me, I got it because I also collect quilts so I have a Love/Hate relationship with it…

TarotDreamer

Tarot of the Spirit World by Lo Scarabeo. Got it home, opened it up, looked through the cards, and said, "Nope. Don't think so." Promptly gave it away.
It has been the only deck to date that prompted such an immediate negative reaction.

Winterchild

BoS

The Book of Shadows Tarot...arrived with damaged cards but over and above that I couldn't stand the artwork.

Anyone who knows me also knows tarot is all about the artwork for me. This deck was hideous and I had to send it back to get it out of my house. :(

I understand this reaction..... amazing how Tarot Decks effect us so strongly.... I am not quite as bad with books! I had the same reaction to BoS...but I confined it to the dark hole... where it is waiting until the second deck comes out to see if any redemption is to be found!!

desertrat

I'm adding the Lost Tarot of Nostradamus to my list of deck I wish I hadn't purchased. I didn't care for the artwork, I thought the images were too small and didn't correspond to the divinatory meanings. And it seemed like there were A LOT of cards with popes on them. Not that I have anything against popes - I usually like all things Catholicky (except church doctrine), but why so many? Anyhoo...I know many people were/are quite taken with this deck, so I feel rather like a failure. :(

Winterchild

Nostradamus

I'm adding the Lost Tarot of Nostradamus to my list of deck I wish I hadn't purchased. I didn't care for the artwork, I thought the images were too small and didn't correspond to the divinatory meanings. And it seemed like there were A LOT of cards with popes on them. Not that I have anything against popes - I usually like all things Catholicky (except church doctrine), but why so many? Anyhoo...I know many people were/are quite taken with this deck, so I feel rather like a failure. :(

Oh dear.... mine is also in the dark hole... and I had forgotten about it Ratty!!!!! I think I was de enabled before it arrived maybe???? Either that or those three decks (Witches, Bos and Nostradamus) all arrived under a dark cloud!! They did all three arrive together!

desertrat

Oh dear.... mine is also in the dark hole... and I had forgotten about it Ratty!!!!! I think I was de enabled before it arrived maybe???? Either that or those three decks (Witches, Bos and Nostradamus) all arrived under a dark cloud!! They did all three arrive together!

Well, please don't pull it out, look at it, and decide it's the best deck ever. Or at least don't tell me that you've decided it's the best deck ever, or I shall fall into despair. :( I don't know why I'm so upset about not liking it...I guess I just expected that I would really love it.

Cyprusqt

Tarot of the gnomes it's just sitting around collecting dust!