Decks with well designed minor arcana

Morwenna

My vote is for the Victorian Fairy.

rakusribut

The Urban Tarot is to me a great example of a deck with a flawless theme and minors as thoughtfully composed as the majors. In no way I get the feeling that they were less of an effort to create than the major arcana or the trumps.

I am really looking forward to the mass market edition of this deck (only have the app so far).

linfang, the deck is still sold by robin scott, i got the app too and fell in love with the deck so i ordered it a couple of weeks ago, it is indeed awesome! and the app provides the guidebook and enables you to study the artwork up close. i love how robin explains all the ideas that went into each card and which people and places she used to visualise those ideas.
http://www.robinscottart.com/shop/

rakusribut

some decks i have worked with, that have minor arcana at least equal in quality to the majors:
cheimonette
st croix
sakki-sakki
fountain
tarot of the spirit
there are more, but these came to mind first.
btw i always read the reviews on aeclectic, and search for images of the cards, especially of the minors, before i decide to buy a deck; if the minors don't appeal to me, i don't buy the deck, no matter how wonderful the majors.

rakusribut

I learned Tarot with the Rider-Waite-Smith deck and so I have always been quite partial to decks that take care with the symbology on every card.

This was a top priority for me when I created my deck, The Cult of Weimar Tarot.

When I read it helps me when every card has a coherent voice of it's own and also when the cards are able to interact with each other in spreads.

I can understand how most people approach deck design doing the Majors first, then it gets a bit tough to get through the rest and creativity can wane a bit.
I started out designing the cards in order, but quickly abandoned that approach and proceeded working on each card as I was inspired to do so, jumping between Majors and Minors, between suits, but only working on one card at a time.

I felt like that helped me keep a creative flow going for every card.

Yes!!! I received your deck this week and it shows! all 78 cards have a well thought out and very creative quality, and they are fascinating. would like to have a more elaborate guidebook though, with more information about the people in the cards, their history and how they relate to/ represent the story in the cards. but it is also great fun to use my own imagination and tap my own intuition when doing a reading.
And i keep going: oh just look at that king of cups! and 10 minutes later: how did she come up with that seven of swords....! or: what's the story behind that amazing nine of coins?
great job!

NightMagic628

Tarot of a Moon Garden is a RW-like deck and has very nice imagery in the minor arcana cards.

GlitterNova

My vote is for the Victorian Fairy.

Yes! The Minors show scenes of life inside the Fairy World that are relateable and easy to read. For example, the Six of Autumn (pents) shows a wise old fairy woman tending to an injury on the wing of a younger, well-to-do looking fairy woman. The artwork of the deck is just wonderful and the minors really come alive.

Linfang

linfang, the deck is still sold by robin scott, i got the app too and fell in love with the deck so i ordered it a couple of weeks ago, it is indeed awesome! and the app provides the guidebook and enables you to study the artwork up close. i love how robin explains all the ideas that went into each card and which people and places she used to visualise those ideas.
http://www.robinscottart.com/shop/

Great to find fellow enthusiasts :) Yeah, I would order from Robin directly if it wasn't for the customs. Hope to get it from Europe once it is released as a MM deck. For the time being I enjoy the cards on my iPad .

Nemia

I agree - Fountain and Tabula Mundi have wonderful minors, so does the Trionfi della Luna. And the Thoth of course.

And the Urban Tarot looks wonderful!

JMI_Tarot

Yes!!! I received your deck this week and it shows! all 78 cards have a well thought out and very creative quality, and they are fascinating. would like to have a more elaborate guidebook though, with more information about the people in the cards, their history and how they relate to/ represent the story in the cards. but it is also great fun to use my own imagination and tap my own intuition when doing a reading.
And i keep going: oh just look at that king of cups! and 10 minutes later: how did she come up with that seven of swords....! or: what's the story behind that amazing nine of coins?
great job!

I'm so happy that the images spark your interest to know more about them!

On my website, I have a whole section where you can see a breakdown of all the images for each card. The direct link is HERE

Yeah, that King of Cups is a real character!

rakusribut

JMI, thanks! i found the cards meanings, but hadn't discovered this page yet. you have studied this extraordinary world/ time period so intensely, i am awed and really happy with all the info you provide, adds so much depth to the cards, love it!