Nine of cups + ace of cups as a "working card"

Atomic

I asked the question "what aspects of my life should I be working with this month?" I got nine of cups. I interpret it as love, a happy romantic relationship. I might add that I use the Cosmic tarot deck and the romantic aspect of this card is perhaps even clearer in CT than in some other decks.

Thing is, I don't have a romantic relationship and I feel very reluctant to start dating right now. So I draw another card to make things clearer. And I got ace of cups. I usually interpret AoC as feelings of love, a new romance.

So I'm really confused right now. :) Does the cards suggest me to start dating again? (No worries, I will use my own jugdement over the cards in this matter :) I guess NoC could be indicating that I should work on my feelings and to get over bad experiences in past relations in order to be able to have a happy and healthy relation. But AoC suggest something new is coming in to my life. Maybe I should work with my past so something new could take place eventually?

Or am I completey overlooking some other possible translation here? Could NoC + AoC indicating something else than romance?

DDwarks

I translate the 9 of cups as being proud, feeling smug.
So to me your cards would say you need to give yourself a pat on the back, take the time to appreciate what you've achieved so far.
Ace of Cups are about overflowing emotions which would go back to you allowing yourself to feel happy about your accomplishments.
The aspect you should work on would therefore be "taking a break" to look back and enjoy your hard work.

think

Absolutely they can.

9 of cups is about being emotionally balanced, happy, healthy. Loving yourself really. Of course if you're in a romantic relationship then it extends to that as well.

With the ace of cups, I'd say your focus needs to be on self love. Pampering yourself, sleeping good, exercise, reading a good book or whatever it is you like to do to make yourself feel special, and, well, loved.

Empress26

I view the nine of cups as all about contentment and happiness within yourself.

The ace of cups often symbolizes the beginning of a new loving relationship, but this doesn't always have to be with another person, it can absolutely be with yourself.

These two cards give a clear message of making yourself happy. Work on self-love if you have been lacking in that area of your life. This could very well relate to recently getting out of a difficult relationship or going through any tough times in your life. It is time to think about you and what makes you happy. Plant a seed of happiness and pure joy within yourself... Mend your emotions :)

Atomic

Thank you all for your replies. I think each of you have made valid points.

Nine of cups is not the first card I associate with being proud. I associate six of staves or maybe nine of pentacles more with prideness and accomplishment. On the other hand, if it is about accomplishments with emotions and self love, it seems logical that cups turn up.

I will try working with doing things that make me happy and in balance. And yes, self love has been lacking in my life.

begatton

The nine of cups tells you to relax and enjoy the mundane aspects of your life; remember that you didn't get a major arcana card so don't go chasing heavy duty changes. The ace of cups reminds you that you must be in a receptive mode and not actively cause change in your life. (ie. Let spirit act through you and don't force it.)

Sent from my D6708 using Tapatalk

rwcarter

Moderator Note

Atomic, please read the UTC Posting Rules, especially where feedback is concerned. The kind of general "Thank you" post you made below is considered an acknowledgement, not feedback. You owe feedback to each individual person who has posted trying to help you.

rwcarter, co-Moderator of Using Tarot Cards
Thank you all for your replies. I think each of you have made valid points.

Nine of cups is not the first card I associate with being proud. I associate six of staves or maybe nine of pentacles more with prideness and accomplishment. On the other hand, if it is about accomplishments with emotions and self love, it seems logical that cups turn up.

I will try working with doing things that make me happy and in balance. And yes, self love has been lacking in my life.

Atomic

Atomic, please read the UTC Posting Rules, especially where feedback is concerned. The kind of general "Thank you" post you made below is considered an acknowledgement, not feedback. You owe feedback to each individual person who has posted trying to help you.

rwcarter, co-Moderator of Using Tarot Cards

Well, I did read the rules and I do believe I was more specific in my feedback than a "general thank you". Even if I obviously could have individualized my feedback more clearly. I will update shortly with more feedback!

Atomic

The nine of cups tells you to relax and enjoy the mundane aspects of your life; remember that you didn't get a major arcana card so don't go chasing heavy duty changes. The ace of cups reminds you that you must be in a receptive mode and not actively cause change in your life. (ie. Let spirit act through you and don't force it.)

Sent from my D6708 using Tapatalk

Yep, good point with the receptive aspect of AoC. I'm not looking for major changes in my life at the moment either so the minor arcana cards is fitting in to my situation over all.

To add to my previous feedback:

Think: Iike the idea with pampering my self :) Though I might had expected pentacles for that cause. But again, since it probably is about emotions and self love more than physical needs (I'm quite ok at taking care of eating, sleeping, work out etc) cups make sense.

Empress26: Your answer made a lot of sense to me. I will try to be working on happiness and contentment with my self.

And again, thank you all of you for your kind and interesting answers.