Kings as Outcome Cards

RMinerva

Hello!

I'm a professional tarot reader, but I'm stumped on this one:

For the past year, nearly every time I read my own cards (regardless of the question, though typically I ask about career/creative pursuits) I end up with a king card in the outcome position. Often the King of Pentacles or Wands, but also Cups and Swords.

Typically, I'd say this means a father figure/boss stepping in or helping in some way, or a potential friendship/love relationship that will benefit me. But this isn't the case, and even if it was, I've gotten the same cards for over twelve months and no such intervention has happened.

Alternatively, I'd say that king cards generally mean achieving a level of success/competence or being recognized for my efforts... however I haven't yet reached that level.

Usually, the answer I'm looking for is a practical one. "What is the next step?" "How can I improve this?" "What path should I pursue next?"

So, I'm wondering what (if any) practical, actionable advice everyone associates with king cards?

mrs ahab

For me if i have a profusion of kings, it indicates to me that i need to develop or focus on my masculine side, that i need to find my power, take more authority and try to use maturity in decision making.

CrystalSeas

I see two possibilities:

a) You're there!
The repeating kings are telling you that you HAVE reached your goal. You're a professional tarot reader. Kings aren't stagnant; they can still learn new things, adjust their behavior based on the new knowledge, etc, but they have essentially mastered their field.

b) You're almost there!
Perhaps there's a course you'd like to take, a conference you'd like to attend, a master tarot reader that you'd like to study under. The kings are saying that the next step is to 'finish up your degree' or 'get your certification' (whatever that means to you in terms of tarot knowledge).

Mystica7

Kings as outcome, if not standing for a person, almost always pertain to the qualities you will end up displaying. Or they give you a clue as to what you should do as for advice.

think

Hmm yeah, I would say kings as an outcome is pretty natural. Who doesn't want to achieve the highest good in material affairs, studies, personality, love, clarity of thought or whatever.

I love all of the above interpretations as well. Manifesting more masculine seeming qualities, what a fab way of putting it.

Generally, a kind of stability as an outcome. Makes sense.

nisaba

For the past year, nearly every time I read my own cards (regardless of the question, though typically I ask about career/creative pursuits) I end up with a king card in the outcome position. Often the King of Pentacles or Wands, but also Cups and Swords.

Typically, I'd say this means a father figure/boss stepping in or helping in some way, or a potential friendship/love relationship that will benefit me. But this isn't the case,

Contemplate the fact that Kings indicate development and maturity, and the suit indicates the part of your life that, later on, you will be more mature in.

septimus

I think that Kings are a sign that you are established firmly, as a mature person.

RMinerva

Thanks for the advice everybody!

Grizabella

Yes, I agree with the maturity others have spoken about here. :)