Tarot To Find Out Someone's Sexuality ???

sunstallion

EoMg said:
Some different thoughts...

Interesting reactions regarding the guy's privacy. I had expected that a divination tool would be used a lot regarding matters others might not want you having knowledge about. Isn't that one of the points of divination?

Regarding wanting to know, I completely understand the querent's position/question from having been there. I'm wondering if this might be a difficult think for heterosexual folks to understand; I'm assuming most have never had the experience of being raised in a predominately homosexual/heterophobic environment finding themselves wondering about whether or not someone else is like them or like everybody else. You find yourself wishing there really WERE a Gaydar or magical solution or anything to help you out of that position.

This is an area where heterosexuals have a distinct privilege in most cultures and I would ask folks to be as aware of that privilege as much as possible and think about how it might affect your perspective before dispensing advice to a queer person. Something that seems trivial or questionable may only seem so because one has never or rarely had the experience the other is having (and has probably had many times).

Anyway, why not test it? Find the spread you want to use and try it out right now... I have three friends, tell me what your reading tells you about their sexuality and I'll confirm or deny for you. :)

Peter
Eric
Devin

BTW, Amanda's post made me think of a fun fact... I heard a while back that the fastest growing sexual orientation category is "mostly straight"! Interesting that the culturally constructed categories are continuing to break down, blur, and generally give us all more breathing room.

I love to test it out, but not right now. Also, what should I ask ? or what is the best way to ask the cards ?

I will get back to you guys after I do it.

GryffinSong

sunstallion said:
little confused on what you said here. so you said you don't believe in tarot ?

I'm not le fanu, but there are different levels of belief. Some believe that tarot is a magical thing, manipulated by unseen forces to communicate with humans. Some that its a psychic thing. Some (many?) that it's simply a tool to help us access our intuition, our innermost knowing, our wisest self.

I believe in the latter. Is that failing to believe in tarot? Yes and no. I believe that tarot is an incredibly powerful tool for self discovery, for exploring options, for accessing our intuition. I do not believe that it's a magical answering machine providing detailed and correct answers to every question.

nisaba

sunstallion said:
Someone asked me to use tarot to find out if a another guy is gay or bisexual. How do I do that ? I mean how should I ask the tarot ? what spread should I use ?

Thanks to whoever give me the suggestions.
I would scowl at them, and tell them to ASK him. If he wants them to know, he'll tell them. If he doesn't them perhaps its a really tender area and they *shouldn't* know.

I'm sorry. I get curmudgeonly here. I value my privacy highly, and I really, really resent inrustions into it, nor will I willingly intrude on someone else's. And for many people, sexuality is personal.

Rev_Vesta

This is a really blurry line.......
But for me it is more about the privacy thing than, can The tarot answer the question thing.......

I will not do Third Party Readings? That is any reading on any topic that is a privacy issue inregards to another individual that is not present during the reading......and can not be verified by that person.

it is the wording of the Reading that is really important that does not invade on their privacy without their permission......

YOu just have to think very carefully in giving out the information you are given in who it could hurt if they did not want that information to be public knowledge........I suggest you sit very quietly and think about this issue.... it is about ethics, morales........ more than anything else.......but ultimately it is your choice in how you deal with it... but you do have to think about the consequences in what could happen if you do.......

Think about how the querant (person wanting the reading) could ask the question in a way that will effect them in a personal way......for me personally i work with the cards as they tell a story more so than yes/no........Trust the images and how it feels as you read them...... BE CONSCIOUS>>>>>>>

Blessings...

Rev_Vesta

sunstallion said:
So, if it is a yes, then Temperance, Tower and 7 of Swords most likely to show up ?

For me personal those three cards talk about "What you draw into your life is about having a leap of faith, beaware of boundries created, maybe needing to burn down walls of restrictions and looking within inner self......Law of Attraction, Alchemy, transmute.......Return of inner clarity......."

It can also depend on the deck you have used for the reading and what you as the reader feels it means as the three cards flow together into a sentence......and the placements of each card.... what question is asked for each placement.....So much goes into it before you can state as matter of fact what those cards mean.......a definate YES>>>>>>I wouldn't say that, not for me personally......

sunstallion

nisaba said:
I would scowl at them, and tell them to ASK him. If he wants them to know, he'll tell them. If he doesn't them perhaps its a really tender area and they *shouldn't* know.

I'm sorry. I get curmudgeonly here. I value my privacy highly, and I really, really resent inrustions into it, nor will I willingly intrude on someone else's. And for many people, sexuality is personal.

unfortunately for you, woman. this is our world. I had a guy who asked me what would it will be like if he tried to get a woman in bed with him, and a girl asked me secretly to find out if her boyfriend cheated on her.

sunstallion

Rev_Vesta said:
This is a really blurry line.......
But for me it is more about the privacy thing than, can The tarot answer the question thing.......

I will not do Third Party Readings? That is any reading on any topic that is a privacy issue inregards to another individual that is not present during the reading......and can not be verified by that person.

it is the wording of the Reading that is really important that does not invade on their privacy without their permission......

YOu just have to think very carefully in giving out the information you are given in who it could hurt if they did not want that information to be public knowledge........I suggest you sit very quietly and think about this issue.... it is about ethics, morales........ more than anything else.......but ultimately it is your choice in how you deal with it... but you do have to think about the consequences in what could happen if you do.......

Think about how the querant (person wanting the reading) could ask the question in a way that will effect them in a personal way......for me personally i work with the cards as they tell a story more so than yes/no........Trust the images and how it feels as you read them...... BE CONSCIOUS>>>>>>>

Blessings...

lol, even if I do the reading and post it here to ask for clarification. I am not going to use their real names.

Cat*

I still don't see why "How is X going to react if Y (your sitter) asks him out?" isn't a much more useful question to ask in this case. After all, just because someone else is also gay/bi doesn't mean they'd be interested in you so your time could still be wasted and your feelings could still be hurt...

So asking for X's reaction to Y asking him out sort of kills two birds with one stone to me.

(For the record, I'm happily queer. And yes, I have wished for a fail-safe gaydar myself at times. But I still wouldnt think of asking the cards about the sexual preferences of someone I might be interested in.)

sunstallion

Cat* said:
I still don't see why "How is X going to react if Y (your sitter) asks him out?" isn't a much more useful question to ask in this case. After all, just because someone else is also gay/bi doesn't mean they'd be interested in you so your time could still be wasted and your feelings could still be hurt...

So asking for X's reaction to Y asking him out sort of kills two birds with one stone to me.

(For the record, I'm happily queer. And yes, I have wished for a fail-safe gaydar myself at times. But I still wouldnt think of asking the cards about the sexual preferences of someone I might be interested in.)

you don't know this guy. he's a sex expert, a relationship expert, and is excellent in psychology. that's why he said he won't bother to waste his time if his interest is straight because he would have no chance.

jdev

gregory said:
I would tell someone who asked me to do this to ask the other person, if they need to know that badly.

Ditto.