Votes: 5 16.1%
  • I read playing cards, Tarot and Oracles equally

Votes: 8 25.8%
  • I prefer Tarot and Oracles but do read playing cards as well

Votes: 17 54.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BlueRosary

I voted...but maybe I shouldn't have. :confused: I've only used playing cards to read with (for myself) 3 times.

I do read with Tarot and sometimes oracles , but I'm in the process of learning to read playing cards, as well. As much as I love my other decks I have a feeling that when/if I get the playing card reading down I'll prefer it.

I've been studying (my own) associations for the playing cards, and know them almost by heart. I keep at least one deck in my purse along with whatever tarot deck I'm using. But I can't honestly say I can/do read with playing cards.

Hope I didn't screw up the polling! :(

Morwenna

I started with playing cards long ago; I learned a very few basics from my mother (who learned it from hers), then a different system from a friend (my rune mentor), then yet another system from a book. But then I got into Tarot and have been seriously neglecting the playing cards for years now. But I'd like to get back into it, and perhaps learn some other systems.

Odd, isn't it, that I stick with one system of reading Tarot (which I've been doing now for many years) no matter how many decks I have, but with playing cards I'll cheerfully learn any number of systems?

gregory

There's no option for no.... Which is where I'm at. Maybe you only want to hear from people who ever do, what they prefer ? (which is fair enough; just asking, as they say !)

Moonbow

Very funny gregory. No we don't want to know who doesn't read with playing cards, that would be about 99% of the members, only who does.

Though the poll would look interesting. :)

gregory

ACTUALLY I really wanted to know. :| I thought you might actually be wondering what proportion of ATers use them at all. I bet it wouldn't be as low as 1% who do.

*leaves thread in floods of tears :( *

Not. But I really meant the question.

Libra8ca

Voted.
I'm much more comfortable reading Tarot and Oracles but I'm working on learning how to read playing cards better. When I read playing cards, I often have to look up meanings because I get stuck but I have done some good readings with them. I need more practice. ;)

Richard

Reading with playing cards is no biggie. It's rather like reading with a Marseille deck after the dog ate all the majors and knights.

light2000

I prefer tarot cards but i read playing cards too. Actualy is how i started. Today i like tarot more but i had a lot of very accurante readings. For me playi ng cards talks more about simple life, is like only using the minors of tarot. Is accurante for sure, but seems more useful for simple questions about love or work but not for a long period of time.

If is a question about things like faith crises or what path should i go, i really need the tarot.

Now if you talk about the spreads of playing cards... that is other questions, they are amazing, maybe because more people had more acess to it, i don't know. I use a lot of spreads of playing cards with tarot like the gipsy spread.

kiss :)

Freddy

I started off reading playing cards when I was about twelve. I actually used a tarot book to help me learn how to read them so to me there isn't much of a difference between the two.

peaceandkarma

Does reading playing cards differ a lot from reading Oracle cards or Tarot cards?