Reading Court Cards - PP method

Phoenix Rising

The Personal Prophecy method of the Psychic Love Doctor Deborah Leigh, taught by her Grandmother has this to say about reading of court cards.

Please note: I have reworded her words so not to breech copy right.

There are a number of intricate innuendos when reading face cards in time you will learn these. The direction in which the face cards are turned, mean a great deal. If the face card is turned left it indicates that this person is turned “towards you”, as you are always on the left of the spread in a reading, Literally he/she is “looking right at you, he is focused on the relationship shared with you, to your needs and very receptive in sharing the relationship with you and moving into the future with you. When the card is turned towards the right it means the person is turned “away from you” therefore this individuals focus is elsewhere. They are not focused or that much interested in the relationship share with you, or unreceptive to moving forward with you in the future.

The direction they are turned also indicates how they perceive their emotional views on life at this present moment, and that a lot of their perceptions are based on what they have learnt from past experiences. Generally the past is always to the left of us.
The individuals facing right derive their present emotions perceptions on life by concentrating on the future. Generally the future is to the right of us.

Interesting to note that the 3 spade courts and the Jack of clubs are the only 4 court cards that look toward the future, therefore indicating that they maybe the only 4 who's mind focuses elsewhere and not necessarily on you.

Joermit

That's an interesting way of looking at the court cards... I taught myself to read playing cards after working with tarot for several years and now I prefer to work with them over the tarot... I came up with my own meanings and uses for my courts though as I feel I've created my own system with the playing cards, which is constantly growing and developing.... never thought to incorporate the direction in which they face though.... gonna have to give this some thought! thanks for sharing!

Joey

Phoenix Rising

Joermit said:
That's an interesting way of looking at the court cards... I taught myself to read playing cards after working with tarot for several years and now I prefer to work with them over the tarot... I came up with my own meanings and uses for my courts though as I feel I've created my own system with the playing cards, which is constantly growing and developing.... never thought to incorporate the direction in which they face though.... gonna have to give this some thought! thanks for sharing!

Joey

Kia Ora Joey

Having just learnt this way in looking at the face cards has helped in determining whether the message of the card is what that face card is thinking/feeling or if it's what you're thinking of that face card.

The card in front of the face (left of) is what you think of that person and the message shared between you. And the card behind(right of) is what that person is thinking or feeling. You get where I'm coming from eg:

7:spade: K:heart: 4:heart:
(loss) K(facing left) (jeolousy)
There is loss between you and the king, due to the kings posessiveness.

Where as this example
k:heart: 7:club: 2:club:
face left (sexual attraction) (secrets)
King has hidden sexual desires for you.

And the court at the end of the trio
A:club: 5:heart: Q:club:
(Communication) (gift, compliment) Q:club:
Q:club: faces you. You(because you are on the left) will contact the Q:club: and may gift her or give her a compliment. I had this show up, when I rang my sister and friend to ask if they wanted to go to the movies..my shout!

Joermit

What does Kia Ora mean?? lol... I'm assuming 'you're welcome'?? That's a very interesting way or getting more depth out of three cards! did you come across this method soley on the PP website?? or did you actually get the book?? I'd like to look into this a little more as I'm always excited to incorporate more into my readings... I absolutely love working with playing cards... I feel they get right to the heart of an issue immediately and clearly... and they always give me focused guidance... I've read just about every book on cartomancy and there are just so many systems! I work with my own but always shift and change things...lol... is the PP method your favorite?? interested to learn more... thanks!

Joey

Phoenix Rising

Kia ora Joey

Kia Ora is a Maori greeting but translated it means "Be well"

I have ordered the book so should be in the post. But you can actually "Browse before buy" at this link Personal prophecy

I have looked at many methods, but I like this one best. In the book it also has the 3 levels in her course in which she teaches her "interns" that other link in this thread is level 1.

She had predicted her husband 2 years before she met him through the cards, he is now one of her reading partners. You will be able to read a bio of them both on that link in the first post just go to the "Home page".

I have also posted in the Tarot spread section the spread she uses in this method, it's really good you will be able to find it HERE

If you are interested in doing a study group with this method I'd love to have another PP method user...beats writing to myself.

Phoenix Rising

Another note, if there is no court card present in the trio, then the message is all about you and your actions, thoughts or feelings.

Lee

After spending quite a bit of time studying the system and learning the card meanings, I became disenchanted. I found that while the card meanings were very well suited for questions of romance, it was difficult to apply them to other situations. I also found that as with traditional cartomancy meanings, a reading is likely to talk about people wishing the client ill or conspiring against them or having untrustworthy motives towards them.

But that's just my experience... YMMV! :)

-- Lee

Phoenix Rising

Lee said:
After spending quite a bit of time studying the system and learning the card meanings, I became disenchanted. I found that while the card meanings were very well suited for questions of romance, it was difficult to apply them to other situations. I also found that as with traditional cartomancy meanings, a reading is likely to talk about people wishing the client ill or conspiring against them or having untrustworthy motives towards them.

But that's just my experience... YMMV! :)

-- Lee

Hi Lee

Always good to hear your opinion....just having done a few readings with this method, I've found that it relates to other situations...at first knowing that she was a counsellor for relationships I was thinking "I 'hope it's not all about love that would be boring" She also did a reading about a woman who was a hostage in a terrorist attack(did you read that in her book?) and she made an accurate prediction, although she used intuition with it.
I'm not sure if the cards are all based around conspiring or untrustworthy motives..but maybe they are indicating the true nature of the people involved...I have yet or may not experience that of which you have talked about.....I'm enjoying them at this point and time.
Although like all methods and styles there will come a time when we may stray from the traditional meaning of the card and develop our own take on that card and not to be too fixed on it's meaning..that will only come with practise.

My girlfriend of 25 years reading the card meanings her grandmother taught her has never strayed from the meanings...she is very accurate in her readings..she did try and teach me them..but I couldn't click with them. She later developed her intuition and now she can lay the cards down and instantly know what it is talking about.

What's your understanding of reading the court cards? Did it help.

Joermit

Heya, Phoenix Rising...

The spread you linked to is very similar to the traditional Bohemian Spread... in fact, the metaphysical store I manage and read at has a reader for our psychic faires who reads the tarot using that spread with great success... it never quite clicked with me... but I haven't tried it in months... might have to give it another go! As for a study group on the PP... I already read with a system of my own... sorta based on tarot... I'm in the process of putting my views on the cards into type so I can share with the divination class I teach or with any others who may be interested.... though I slightly change and modify my system, it has its general principles down... I'm more than open to discussing and sharing ideas about cartomancy as I really enjoy working with playing cards! I dunno that I really would want to concentrate specifically on the PP method... I'm sorry! could we start a cartomancy themed group?? to share discoveries/findings, readings, etc?? I'm up for it... what are your thoughts?? thanks and take care!

Joey

Phoenix Rising

Joermit said:
Heya, Phoenix Rising...

The spread you linked to is very similar to the traditional Bohemian Spread... in fact, the metaphysical store I manage and read at has a reader for our psychic faires who reads the tarot using that spread with great success... it never quite clicked with me... but I haven't tried it in months... might have to give it another go! As for a study group on the PP... I already read with a system of my own... sorta based on tarot... I'm in the process of putting my views on the cards into type so I can share with the divination class I teach or with any others who may be interested.... though I slightly change and modify my system, it has its general principles down... I'm more than open to discussing and sharing ideas about cartomancy as I really enjoy working with playing cards! I dunno that I really would want to concentrate specifically on the PP method... I'm sorry! could we start a cartomancy themed group?? to share discoveries/findings, readings, etc?? I'm up for it... what are your thoughts?? thanks and take care!

Joey

Hi Joey
Yep I'm up for sharing discoveries, readings etc..yes I like you love reading with playing cards in it's simplicity...would be happy to look at your ideas with your own system..btw are you with ISRC as well? Dame Venus group?
There have been in the past some Cartomancy study groups, although based on other methods in which I was the thread starter...you might want to drag those up..or else we just start a new thread.

PR