Sabian Symbols Study Group: Leo 17 - #137

Elven

:) Welcome to the Sabian Symbol Oracle Study thread!

Please feel free to discuss the Sabian Symbol in this thread, and to ask questions or, explore any aspect of the many interpretions the Symbol holds. Please add your own observations and interpretations too!! The Symbol used in this heading is by Lynda Hill www.sabiansymbols.com

Sun Sign: LEO
Degree: 17
Number: 137

Symbol: VOLUNTEER CHURCH CHOIR MAKES SOCIAL EVENT OF REHERSAL.

purple_scorp

I remember this symbol fondly, for I felt it contained one of the best quotes in Lynda's book.

I drew this symbol on 2-8-6 in response to asking for an accurate description of the current situation with a friend.

Sometimes I read through all of the text and then wonder if I've drawn the right card for my situation. This was one of those times until I came across the Cautions.

My friend is a loner and really has no friends of his own. This is the way he has chosen to live his life - he even works alone....lives alone. He has deliberately cut himself off from others and I believe the fear at the root of it is his low self-esteem. Of course, he wouldn't admit this, and if you met him, you would think he was quite the opposite, a bit cocky, and very confident. But deep down, he's not. He has high expectations and cuts people off if they don't meet them. He buries his head in the sand when there is something to close to the bone that he doesn't want to talk about.

On the surface, he is generous but only of his material possessions. Getting his heart or his trust is an unenviable task. But, he can't see this, he thinks he is a socially-accepted, community-minded, good-spirited, all round good guy. And he is a good guy, and I love him with all of my heart.

Anyhow, this was the beautiful quote that has forever more stuck in my mind, as it applies directly to him:

"You give but little when you give of your possessions. It is when you give of yourself that you truly give."

with love
purple_scorp

purple_scorp

I thought it would be good to use the Orphalese software to record my daily sabian symbol readings and so set about looking for appropriate images to convey the meaning of each card.

Attached is what I came up with for this symbol.

with love
purple_scorp

Attachments

• 136.jpg
    136.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 275

tink27

Thank you purple_scorp for your picture and the reading you did on this symbol. It really helped me to get a better perspective and understanding of what I feel this symbol is all about.

Does anyone remember the movies Sister Act 1 & 2, with Whoopi Goldberg? That’s what this symbol reminds me of. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sister_Act

From joining the ‘sisterhood’, Whoopi’s role as Deloris and Sister Mary, she discovered her talents through a mutual flow of creative exchange. What I saw from this movie was that….’within every creative event’ there exists a hidden energy….. and it is through opportunities and chance encounters they can be born.

Both her and the Mother Superior though, were tough cookies to crack. Mother Superior was a dominating mother, wanting to keep her children under lock and key, their creative spirits locked up tight. Her sense of order and structure was undermining everything she hoped for in running the convent. The convent was so ‘cold’ hardly anyone ventured in. It was in serious danger of possibly being closed down. Mother Superior soon discovered that her control was being challenged by Whoopi’s vivacious and passionate spirit.

Sister Mary’s exceptional creative talent and passion for music started the beginning of allowing herself to be reinvented and using her natural gift to create an awesome choir. Her fiery passion and strange behavior was fascinating and magical as the convent and everything in it was transformed. The more she willingly participated, the more her cup overflowed as she eagerly shared and received energies from the others. Each rehearsal she was aware of putting forth great effort. She constantly played with different concepts and possibilities. The nuns discovered under their modest clothing sensual desires that they were able to channel in a humanitarian and humble way. And through it all, it activated and created healthy relationships! Through awareness and communication, the outer and inner worlds were complementing one another.

Friends of mine have a son who loves to play hockey. Every time he plays, whether a game or practice, he gives the best for his team and for himself. During practice one day, no one knew ‘scouts’ were watching them play. Their son was picked and drafted to play in the NHL.

Rehearsals are usually a time we let our hair down, we’re relaxed and playful. It also can become so routine, we miss what is happening at the deeper levels of our awareness. We don’t think anyone is watching!!!

Is harmony primarily a structure? What happens when we combine it with music……hmm I remember in Aries….the ‘music of the spheres’…..geometry…..reason…wisdom……numbers…? Hmm, to build something solid and strong…..we need to first work at purifying ourselves…which opens our spiritual channels…..

tink :love:

MCsea

HI guys

thanks purple_scorp, I love that quote too..

Tink I LURVE Sister Act 1 the first time I saw it was on an airplane - and it was '3am' in the morning, we were headed for Hawaii but everyone - nearly everyone was awake watching the midnight flick and in the end we all started singing
I will follow Him
Follow Him wherever He may go,
And near Him, I always will be
For nothing can keep me away,
He is my destiny.

I will follow Him,
Ever since He touched my heart I knew,
There isn't an ocean too deep,
A mountain so high it can keep,
Keep me away, away from His love.

I love Him, I love Him, I love Him,
And where He goes,
I'll follow, I'll follow, I'll follow.
he'll always be my true love, my true love, my true love
from now until forever, forever, forever

I will follow Him,
Keep me away, away from His love...

We will follow Him,
Keep us away, away from His love...

I love Him
(Oh yes I love Him)
I'll follow
(I'm gonna follow)
True love
(He'll always be my true, true love)
Forever
(Now until forever)
I love Him, I love Him, I love Him,
And where He goes,
I'll follow, I'll follow, I'll follow,
He'll always be my true love,
My true love, my true love,
From now until forever,
Forever, forever...

Keep me away, away from His love
(http://www.stlyrics.com/songs/s/sisteract9707/iwillfollowhim320851.html)

and till just now I did not realise how we were all doing it together and how it was Leo 17!!

Ill never forget that experience (I hope not anyway)

MARINA

MCsea

Leo 17
Birthdays: August 8th–10th
Numerology: 137
Sabian Symbol: A non-vested church choir
Marc Edmund Jones Key Word: Communion
Jane Ridder-Patrick Healing Body Point: Right auricle
Crystal Element: Gold Calcite
Expression: Gold Calcite is a gold-coloured, calcium carbonate, crystal element. Gold Calcite illuminates timeless wisdom, holiness and enlightenment.
Sun Focus: Surround yourself with people who share your spirituality and mindfulness.
Affirmation: I give and receive adoration, praise and thanksgiving.