Yes or No questions

SunChariot

I used Mary Greer's method and it did not work for me. Myself as well, I was getting contradictory answers and answers I knew were yes were no...Finally I did one last yes/no question.

I asked the cards if my method for doing yes/no questions could give me reliable answers. Would you believe that the answer came up no? I then asked if yes/no questions could work and it was no again.

I then dropped them like a hot potato and have never used them again. Of course the method I used to ask those two questions was admittedly not reliable, but I just figured that yes/no questions don't work. I have read books that said they don't so I have just come to believe they were right.

There is always a way to ask the same question and get the info you need in another format anyway, so yes/no questions are not strictly necessary.

Like if you wanted to know if someone would ask you out, you could ask "What can you tell me about if "X" will ask me out?" and get the same answer in info form rather than yes/no form. To me the Tarot is better suited to giving info.

Bar

Indigo Rose

Helvetica said:
....so if I were to ask: "is my name Sophie?", I'm almost certain to get a no, for asking a silly question. Sometimes, too, the tarot tests us. We know, deep down, that the answer is "yes" or "no", and it sometimes has a go at testing that faith.

Yes, well said.
I believe the answers come from the Creator. In this way, I feel the answers are given in measure to our approach and our intentions. Faith and listening to the inner voice(the Spirit) seem to be the keys to understanding what is being said.

Tryska said:
I've lately been using an elemental Yes/No when clarifying cards. It's an elemental Yes/No spread the I found here - it took me a while to get the hang of it, but basically - you pull 5 cards.

Yes, Tryska...I like this one...it is the best yes/no spread I've tried. Here is a link to the actual spread and guidelines.

Yes/No

Tryska said:
I don't think I've tested it yet. It's probably soemthing I should do.

Kenny said:
I've used this spread and if you answer the yes/no question and then read the entire spread as advice. I would like to get to know if the answers I gave came out correct or wrong.

I have used this spread for all yes/no type questions since last spring. I would rate the accuracy to be about 80%. As with all YES/NO spreads, there is usually a deeper message or something greater than yes/no which needs to be known regarding the question. This particular spread offers insights, as the final card is....Advice. I usually build a reading around this card, if I don't have clarity or would like to know more about the subject.

This is how I do the spread....

1)situation-----------------------------------5)Advice-----------------------
------yes/no cards----2------3-----4--------------------------------------

The situation card is almost always spot on to the question asked.

2, 3, 4....the rule is 2 of 3 must be air or fire to be a yes answer.

Majors are neither yes or no, but considered blockages. I see them as a neutralizer to yes/no...it makes the reading inconclusive one way or the other, but reveals what is blocking getting a clear answer. If the answer is yes based on air/fire rule, but with one Major in cards 2, 3, or 4...the answer is still yes....however, this Major card still points to either a blockage or an underlying reason for something.

Sometimes you will get a yes answer according to the air/fire rule, but the cards will be awful...i.e. 10 Swords, 3 Swords, The Tower.....this would be a "yes" but a hard yes as the cards are so severe. In contrast, sometimes you will get a "no" but the cards will be amazing....i.e. 10 Cups, 2 Cups, The Lovers...etc. When this happens, I think it is a call to listen to your heart...as Sophie said.
In addition, I like to study the Advice card...it has an important message regarding your question.

Sometimes yes/no is a great way to get a quick answer; and sometimes there is no quick answer....things take time and understanding to develop...and free-will is the ever changing variable. :)

:heart:

casia

Indigo Rose

How is it that you come up with air and fire beeing yes or positive???? is it about the element??? because air and fire are constantly on the move as oposed to earth and water which can be more static?????

Indigo Rose

casia said:
Indigo Rose

How is it that you come up with air and fire beeing yes or positive???? is it about the element??? because air and fire are constantly on the move as oposed to earth and water which can be more static?????

Yes, that is the principle behind the elemental yes/no. I didn't create this spread, but feel it works well. :)

casia

Indigo Rose

Bear with my I´m slow....jejejeje..... I made your 5 card spread and got the following:
1 - empress
2 - devil
3 - 8 of cups
4 - 3 swords
5 - 6 or wands

That would be a no????????

Moonbow

Moderator Note

A reminder that spread interpretations cannot be given in this forum, but would need to be posted in Your Readings with your own interpretation first.

The discussion of the usage of Yes/No spreads is fine and I realise that this may involve methods and ideas, but if people want to test out spreads or post new ones then can you please use the Your Readings and Tarot Spreads forums.

Thanks
Moonbow*

rahnefan

Simple Yes or No

Flip a quarter, or use the hokey Wheel of Fate on my website:

[website removed by moderator]

rahnefan

Oops, sorry.