21 Ways To Read A Tarot Card -- step TWO

le fey

Step Two: Druidcraft Queen of Swords

I am a woman who is no longer young, but still strong enough to sit here. I am seated in my wooden throne high atop a rock and facing into the wind. I can feel the wind blowing into my face, but I take it head on and don't turn away from it. My posture is upright, and I have one foot close to my chair, as if I might need to be ready to stand up. I wear purple and blue robes but no shoes, and I hold my sword in front of me, resting in both hands in front of my chest. To my right there is a high peak with a leafless gnarled tree growing from it - it's the only thing other than the sky itself that higher than me. Even the sun's dawning is far below me and behind me.

My face might be described as stern - my mouth is set in a narrow line, my eyebrows are arched and I seem to be looking down my nose through slit eyes, but don't assume you know what I'm thinking.

jema

step 2

6 of Birds - Shining tribe

I am the dreamer.
My body like a big red balloon, all curvy and soft, resting against the hard stone bench that cradles me. I lie on my left side with my cheek pressed to the pillow. My face like my body is red and serious.
Under the stone-bench is a snake, purple but with luminous flecks of blue, stretched out, his head just under my head, his tail just under my feet.

Behind me are dark and heavy pillars of stone, the middle one being the highest.

The nightsky is a grayish-blue and the full moon almost as bright and yellow as a sun.

Around the moon are flying 5 birds in the distance.
Apart from them, hoovering above me the large bird.
His wings stretched out over me, spanning my whole length, like he is ready to embrace. His feathers are a deep orange and the wings are trimmed in blue-green. His head and feet and the "arms" of the wings are a deep red.

dadsnook2000

Your tarot deck

Jema, I was always intrigued by Rachel's tarot deck after reading her book, the Forest of Souls. When I was wood carving tarot card figures for mounting on little boxes (to hold the cards) I asked her about her favorite cards from that deck. However, the business of making tarot deck boxes and selling them never did work out well, so I never got around to carving a figure from that deck. Tarot enthusiasts buy lots of decks, only a few books, and little else. I enjoy her books very much. I'm not sure about this tarot deck as a reading tool. Did it take you long to identify with it? What is the reaction of those whom you read for? How long have you been reading with it? Dave

jema

Hi, The Shining Tribe and I go way back ;-)
I got it just after reading her wonderful book The forest of souls and clicked with it right away.

It is a deeply emotional and personal deck though and I don't claim to understand all the cards myself but they reach in and pulls out stuff i didn't know when i do readings with it.I haven't done face-to-face reading for others with it though, I imagine a lot of people would have a problem with it since they often are looking for the "pretty" or the "mystical" when they pick a deck.

Some cards are so lovely and spot on that they make me giggle and some are making me scratch my head wondering what the heck i am looking at.
(like how the snake in 2 of birds desperatly tries to mend whatever is broken between the 2 birds and how they refuse to even look at each other or acknowledge the snake in any way or on the tricky side - just what the heck is going on in 7 of trees? o0??...took me at least 10 minutes to realise i was looking at a spinal cord)

Reason I picked this deck for this exercise was just completely random though, I just opened my drawer and pulled out a bag with cards. (after agonising about a decision for hours and discarding just about my whole deck collection...)

kmartin60

21 ways...step 2...Gothic deck...Kinight of Pent.

It is a cool, dark night in front of the ancient stone rubble...

Im standing before the gateways to deeper knowledge in that darkness as I wait calmly for those who come seeking.

The wind gently sways my cloak as my pets await beside me for my commands.

I stand upon the skulls of those who have sought knowledge thru time and know that many more shall come.

Bluecat

Step two: revelations 5 swords.

I am hanging my head in sorrow and have my eyes closed. I am wearing a cold light blue cloak with a golden band around my waist. Behind my back cross two swords and I am flanked by a feather / wing like structure. A cold blue background disappearing into the distance gives me no physical place.

I have bare arms and my wrists are bound with golden thread. I am holding my sword to my stomach, pressing it into my flesh, about to kill [me].

I look down to another male (the reverse image of the card) to see a male who is crying out in anguish - holding his head. He is also crossed by two swords behind him. He wears a brighter green cloak than I which is patterned, spread open to leave him vulnerable. Behind him appear the same feather as surround me but in a more haphazard manner - though his bachground does not disappear into nothingness - he has a ?metal framework behind him stopping the view into nothingness. He shares the same gold band around his waist.

**Now I feel REALLY depressed!!:D

flowerpower

Step Two: Universal Waite King of Wands

I am sitting on a throne looking straight ahead. I am wearing a gold crown and a cloak that is covered with a design of lizzards. Around my neck is a pendant of a lion's head. In my hand I'm holding a wand made of wood with leaves sprouting from it. The back of my throne has the same lizzard designs as my cloak and also lions. There is a lizzard sitting on the ground next to me.

Bluecat

Hi Flowerpower - nice to have someone else starting this too - I don't feel quite as alone now :D

earth starr

21 ways

step 2 The Original Rider Waite ~ Ace of Cups

From where i sit looking out at you I am being held safetly and lovingly by a white hand that comes out of a swirling cloud. My legs are long and my feet make a round base. On my chest sits a bold upside down M and from the top of me i see 5 streams of water fountaining down to water below. If i look down i can see the calm water which has floating upon it green lily pads with red flower heads. Behind me appearing from the water is a small island. I can also see many droplets of water falling from the 6 streams of water.
Above me a beautiful white dove descends head first towards me bearing a gift. The gift is a white disc on which is marked a cross. Behind me the sky is a soft lime green.
I feel safe and loved.

Sagepowder

21 Ways - Step Two

Step Two: Rider-Waite - Seven of Cups.

I am standing in front of a big grey cloud. Upon the cloud rests seven gold chalices containing wonderous things. I see sparkling jewelry, and a blue castle on top of a high cliff. There is also a blue dragon and a gold snake hanging over the side of its cup. Two people are there, the one only the head hovering above the chalice, the other person hidden by a white sheet, only the hands and part of the legs showing. The last chalice contains a circle of bay leaves, just like the one Cesar is portrayed wearing. I notice the appearance of a scull on the challice, only visible by shadows. I look on in amazement, my gesture shows how I feel, but is it surprise? Or maybe joy?