eclipses & solar return chart & Please HELP

franniee

Hi All!

Need some help. I am trying to construct a solar return chart. Well I am really trying to figure out how the solar and lunar eclipses are going to effect me. The solar eclipse is a direct hit to my natal sun. Dadsnook mentioned that the solar return chart should be studied - which is why I am on that track. :D

FYI: My birthday is 21:14 september 11, 1961 - born 73 deg 38 West 40deg 52' North. My SUN is in virgo 19 degrees 02'.

So from what I can gather I need to construct the chart around the sun's placement .... 19 deg 02' which pushes my bday to sept 12, 2007 at 8 minutes past midnight....I also tweaked my location to 73 29' W 40 50'N because I moved a couple of years ago near where I grew up.... :eek:

Anyway did I do it correctly?

Then what do I do - in terms of the solar eclipse.... if I look at the transits they are practically all conjunctions? Just a bit confused. :)

Thanks in advance for any help.... :)
:love:
fran

willowfox

The solar return chart is very simple to set up, all you have to do is calculate a new chart for when the Sun hits your natal Sun, which is on your birthday. You use the exact same degree that your natal Sun is on and the same coordinates of your place of birth. The time will not be the same as your birth time, it will be the time when the return Sun hits your natal Sun exactly.

A solar return chart supposedly gives you an overview of the coming year but I have worked with them in the past and have found them to be of no use whatsoever.

You will get much more mileage from transits to your natal chart and more information.

Well, it seems that you have made a mistake because your Sun is on 19 degrees Virgo and the eclipse occurs on 4 degrees Virgo, so there is no aspect and no effect, your Sun is a long way away from the eclipse point.

franniee

willowfox said:
Well, it seems that you have made a mistake because your Sun is on 19 degrees Virgo and the eclipse occurs on 4 degrees Virgo, so there is no aspect and no effect, your Sun is a long way away from the eclipse point.

I have the eclipse at 18 degrees virgo. ? Hmmmm I just did the progression and I have them meeting at 18 degrees.... But I will double check this later.

willowfox

Sorry, I thought you were referring to the full lunar eclipse that happened to day.

I just realized that you are talking about the partial solar eclipse that will occur on the 11th Sept at 18.25 degrees Virgo.

As this is a partial eclipse the effect will be quite mild, so look for changes in regard to the house position of your natal Sun and watch out for various health issues. But I see nothing strong here for you to worry about.

franniee

thanks Willow! I am not worried - I am due for some change :D I really want to understand the effect. and I am hoping I will win the lottery :laugh: but seriously.....it will effect an awful lot in my chart because when it hits my 5th hse sun it will also trine my midheaven where I have saturn and jupiter - all three conjunct at the top of my chart.

dadsnook2000

For willowfox

I agree with you that solar returns often seem useless. I will, however, be doing a s/r for Franniee but it will not be like what many use as a solar return chart. After 35+ years of doing solar returns it is my opinion that conventional approaches do not work. Franniee may choose to share what I send her. Dave

dadsnook2000

For willowfox

I agree with you that solar returns often seem useless. I will, however, be doing a s/r for Franniee but it will not be like what many use as a solar return chart. After 35+ years of doing solar returns it is my opinion that conventional approaches do not work. Franniee may choose to share what I send her.

As a background to this issue, the Solar Eclipse does fall on her natal Sun position, hence the suggestion of the S/R to see just how it would influence her.
Dave

franniee

Thanks dave!

I have a program Kairon (I have a mac) and computed it on it - but just to be sure I did it properly (because I had to interpolate it) - not an exact science. :) I went to astro.com....came up the same positions but I know yours will be different ... and of course I will share. I love astrology even though sometimes I find it daunting.... it's the 3 dimensionality that I have trouble visualizing. I want to see what would be in store and then I want to see what transpired. :) I'm a mercury girl - I like to see how things work.

:heart:
f

willowfox

franniee said:
thanks Willow! I am not worried - I am due for some change :D I really want to understand the effect. and I am hoping I will win the lottery :laugh: but seriously.....it will effect an awful lot in my chart because when it hits my 5th hse sun it will also trine my midheaven where I have saturn and jupiter - all three conjunct at the top of my chart.

I see the eclipse trining your Saturn/Jupiter/ MC as quite fortunate and lucky for you, the possibility of business affairs brightening up for you, as well as health and work. Feeling more happy with your life and a better cooperation with others especially those in authority, listen to people who are older than you.

franniee

willowfox said:
I see the eclipse trining your Saturn/Jupiter/ MC as quite fortunate and lucky for you, the possibility of business affairs brightening up for you, as well as health and work. Feeling more happy with your life and a better cooperation with others especially those in authority, listen to people who are older than you.

Yes I feel you are right! :)

I see the chart as 2 halves and since saturn is first by a few minutes before the MC I see it as the first half of my life was more saturnian in nature and now it will be influenced by jupiter (jupiter is a few degrees past the MC). Besides all of my planets reside in the right side of my chart.

Health and work have become 2 tough areas for me so any brightening is welcome. :D

I feel as if I am at the precipice - the Fool embarking on a new journey.