Decks You Wish You Hadn't Bought?

angeljunkie

The Hobbit Tarot - Unremarkable imagery, thin feeling cards, just did not connect to it at all.

The Book of Kaos- Ordered from the official website. Came to me beat up looking, sticky, reeking of menthol with debris falling out of the cards. E-mailed them back with no reply to this gunky mess they sent. The images look interesting, but it is not a self published masterpiece like Anna K. Not worth 40$ or more.

Nica

Froud's Faeries Oracle: I have not one but TWO Heart of Faerie decks, which makes me feel as if I should be using it much more often. The cards last forever and they are beautiful, but the titles distract me. There is something that I'm missing... and it's a connection.

Tarot of Eden: What was I thinking? is all I can say as I look through it.

Bacchus: It is beautiful but I don't use it. The cards are really big, too.

Pixie's Astounding Lenormand: Although beautiful, I don't connect with it and I can't use it. I feel like there are some inconsistencies in the art even though it's a beautiful Lenormand deck in general. While I feel it is indispensable to my collection, I may offer it for trade if it continues without use, though.

Inner Child Cards: Too big and fluffy for me.

morganesky

I have owned and sold a lot of decks over the years, with very few regrets, thankfully. But from those that I DO regret:-

Shapeshifter - the cards are too small for me and the shift with the wands/swords - fire/air thing just doesn't gel, this was the least favourite deck I have ever purchased

Celtic Dragon - lovely artwork, just too soft on the readings

Gilded Tarot - loved the artwork at first, but I did grow tired of it and for readings, it was the same as the Celtic dragon

coyoteblack

crystal visons , all the faces are flat and some of the cards just seem lacking but some are just so awesome like the hermit

celtic dragon - there are just so many cards that are not as high level as others. when i was goingover it with a friend we were joking she had a someone sub for her on some cards.

Yann

Deck you wish you hadn't bought

Visconti tarot.
Can anybody guess why?

Lil Red

There are 2 deck that I ended up regreting in buying and they are Steampunk (moore) and Zombie tarot. The Steampunk I was so disappointed in. The empress looked like a prositution in heat that I just couldn't help but shudder. I didn't connect her with the mother at all. With the Zombie tarot I just don't like how it felt also didn't really like the pictures much; As much as I love watching Zombie movies this deck didn't connected with me at all.

Tarot Orat

Nobody's going to hit me if I say Shadowscapes, will they?

I LOVED the artwork on her website, I pre-ordered the deck, I couldn't wait to see it in person...and was instantaneously disappointed because the card art was so tiny. I could barely see any of the details that make her work so distinctive and beautiful. I don't think it was in my possession more than a week before I traded it.

jema

Visconti tarot.
Can anybody guess why?

No idea, I quite like that one.

And no Tarot Orat - I tried in vain to get rid of my Shadowscapes for months but gave up and shoved it at the back of my cupboard instead...

Yann

Visconti tarot because the back of the card (XIXth century style) does not match the Renaissance deck at all.