Most Anticipated Lenormands due Out

Lee

I received them in the mail today. They look exactly like the French Cartomancy except that the rectangle where the playing card inset is instead there is a little poem, and the woman card has the woman facing the left.
They are very small and slick. The backs are a design in a deep rose colour.
The book is thin. I'll know more when I have a chance to look at it.
Thanks Telspepper for the report! I prefer playing cards to poems myself so I won't be getting this.

OaksWhispering

On amazon, they're about 14 bucks on a pre order. Too bad there aren't more pix. Maybe there are somewhere online. I must keep looking. Thanks for sharing!

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/the...19934356?ean=9781454913689&isbn=9781454913689
Overview
Marie Anne Adelaide Lenormand was one of the greatest fortune-tellers of all time—and a powerful clairvoyant who provided services for luminaries ranging from Robespierre to Empress Josephine. To use her psychic powers to the fullest, Lenormand created her own personal, eerily accurate divination deck. These cards recreate that deck exactly, with all their creepy art intact. Tarot enthusiasts will clamor for them.

If the cards look anything like the box, I might have to get this. Wish there were pictures somewhere.
For now then, I only have Lisa Hunt's work in progress on my wish list.

Telspepper

Same as French Cartomancy

Exactly all the same pics. Except for a poem where the playing card is on the French Cartomancy deck. And the woman faces left instead of right.
From the rider card, The rider brings new things from a foreign land, recognize him as yourself, and you've chosen the right man.

Lunajade

I received them in the mail today. They look exactly like the French Cartomancy except that the rectangle where the playing card inset is instead there is a little poem, and the woman card has the woman facing the left.
They are very small and slick. The backs are a design in a deep rose colour.
The book is thin. I'll know more when I have a chance to look at it.

Sounds like the Köngsfurt-Urania Verlag Lenormand with verses.........

Vanchica

Tel..pepper- it would be awesome to know what the book shares and if it is worthwhile

Anything new or unusual?

SixDegrees

Tel..pepper- it would be awesome to know what the book shares and if it is worthwhile

Anything new or unusual?

Yes, the book does have new and unusual information, but not in the way I imagine most AT'ers hope...

My copy of the kit arrived yesterday, and I spent some of last night looking through the book. I believe that this may be the worst Lenormand resource I've seen yet. Although there is a little discussion of some traditional meanings for each card, much more space is dedicated to the archetypal associations of each symbol. With the Snake, for example, the author suggests links to "cults of antiquity" that worshipped the snake as a god of healing, as well as to the Caduceus of Hermes. He notes that it can be a card of "transformation" because a snake regularly sheds its skin. It might also signify "a situation where the viewer feels as if he or she is lying on the ground." (WHAT?!)

The worst are the possible suggestions/advice for each card in various areas of life: Tip, Love, Happiness, and Success. In the area of Success, for example, the Snake supposedly suggests the following: "Success belongs to those who understand how to change. If you're currently hitting rock bottom, coil and prepare to spring! Use the earth's energy to get ahead. Sometimes, detours are necessary, but never give up on your goal." There are lots of positive messages and exclamation marks like this throughout the book.

I fear that Lenormand traditionalists will cringe when they realize that this is hitting the market. The kit really does take all the utility out of the cards and transforms them into another toothless affirmation oracle. It strikes me that this is what Doreen Virtue would do if she decided to make a Lenormand.

Needless to say, I'm dumping my copy at Half Price Books the first chance I get.

Asher

Yes, the book does have new and unusual information, but not in the way I imagine most AT'ers hope...

My copy of the kit arrived yesterday, and I spent some of last night looking through the book. I believe that this may be the worst Lenormand resource I've seen yet. Although there is a little discussion of some traditional meanings for each card, much more space is dedicated to the archetypal associations of each symbol. With the Snake, for example, the author suggests links to "cults of antiquity" that worshipped the snake as a god of healing, as well as to the Caduceus of Hermes. He notes that it can be a card of "transformation" because a snake regularly sheds its skin. It might also signify "a situation where the viewer feels as if he or she is lying on the ground." (WHAT?!)

The worst are the possible suggestions/advice for each card in various areas of life: Tip, Love, Happiness, and Success. In the area of Success, for example, the Snake supposedly suggests the following: "Success belongs to those who understand how to change. If you're currently hitting rock bottom, coil and prepare to spring! Use the earth's energy to get ahead. Sometimes, detours are necessary, but never give up on your goal." There are lots of positive messages and exclamation marks like this throughout the book.

I fear that Lenormand traditionalists will cringe when they realize that this is hitting the market. The kit really does take all the utility out of the cards and transforms them into another toothless affirmation oracle. It strikes me that this is what Doreen Virtue would do if she decided to make a Lenormand.

Needless to say, I'm dumping my copy at Half Price Books the first chance I get.

What SixDegrees said! The book has no mention of reading Lenormand cards in combinations, and includes several spreads where the cards are read individually. There is a diagram of the Grand Tableau (and it is not even called the Grand Tableau) but NO instructions on how to read it, other than "The meaning of each card depends on the other cards that directly sound (sic) it." An obvious typo, but that is the extent of the direction!

I cannot recommend this set to anyone.