Adding cards together

lennylove

I've been reading Lenormand for almost two years now and adding cards together just creates unnecessary confusion. Say you have 5 positive cards and the total sum of the cards is a negative it will taint your reading especially if you're a beginner.

Only add cards together if you're confused about the cards that were pulled is my advice and I agree we must find our own unique ways to read.

Teheuti

Someone did the math on this and when added together only a few cards come up the vast majority of times (the probability of being a sum is much higher for some cards than for others). So, it's not a very well-rounded method. OTOH, occasionally it has worked brilliantly! I rarely use the technique and then only with the Lenormand number - never with the playing card numbers.

lennylove

Someone did the math on this and when added together only a few cards come up the vast majority of times (the probability of being a sum is much higher for some cards than for others). So, it's not a very well-rounded method. OTOH, occasionally it has worked brilliantly! I rarely use the technique and then only with the Lenormand number - never with the playing card numbers.

Very interesting. I've added cards together quite a few times and they always seem to add up to Bouquet (#9) card no matter how negative the reading was. I never understood why until reading your explanation.

Sunara

I have added the cards together a few times., not something I do on regular basis though,. This method did seem resonate more for my 3x3 spreads but just added confusion to my 3 and 5 card readings.