Casting cards without a Lenormand layout

ThtDancerGuy

Hey Lenormand readers,

I was rewatching my favorite psychic show Psychic Tia, and I noticed that when she does card readings, she tends to have the significator card on the table already. Then, as she's talking, she'll start dealing cards around that significator card, beginning to the card's left and dealing clockwise around that card to make one huge box of cards around the significator card. Sometimes she'll start addressing certain things she sees in the cards as they're being laid down, and sometimes she waits til they're all down to start the reading.

My question is, how can you just deal Lenormand cards so conglomeratively like that and be able to read them accurately? It's not even like it was a Grand Tableau with houses or anything; she just starts laying them down and knows exactly what they mean.

Does anyone read Lenormand cards like this as opposed to reading in a format as in Lines, Boxes, and/or the GT? I'm really curious about this...

Thanks guys,
Chris:)

Lee

Hi Chris,

I'm not clear from your post whether the cards Tia uses are Lenormand or some other kind. Like you, I don't see that really working with Lenormand, since for me the value of Lenormand is the combining into sentence-like narratives. Does Tia use actual Lenormand cards?

If she does use Lenormand that way, then perhaps she's just using them as a trigger for her psychic processes, and not in the narrative way which is standard among most readers.

ThtDancerGuy

Hi Chris,

I'm not clear from your post whether the cards Tia uses are Lenormand or some other kind. Like you, I don't see that really working with Lenormand, since for me the value of Lenormand is the combining into sentence-like narratives. Does Tia use actual Lenormand cards?

If she does use Lenormand that way, then perhaps she's just using them as a trigger for her psychic processes, and not in the narrative way which is standard among most readers.

Yea, Tia uses the Gypsy Witch Lenormand cards, which consists of the traditional 36 plus 16 extra cards, each of a different symbol. So yea, it's basically a Lenormand deck. That's a good point that you brought up about her just having them out to trigger her psychic abilities separate from what the cards say. She did say in one episode that she'll start giving information gleaned psychically to her client, and then a card will go down and 9 times out of 10 will validate what she just said.

conurelover

What cable channel carries this show and can I see it on the East Coast?

Sar

I am a totally new beginner of Lenormand, but I need to use it in Lenormand spreads to be able to make sentences. No free form card throwing, that only works for Tarot for me.